Page 134 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    I really wish they would "get over it" and bring Don Felder back. He is certainly a big part of the band's history.
    I have no desire to stir up any controversy but HOTE made it clear the band could no longer work with Don Felder.

I don't believe that

they must "pretend" rather well if that were the case.

I just don't believe they hate each other, there would not be such great chemistry on stage if that were true.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Bill Szymczyk said in an interview that the four current members of the band hate each other.

They are pretending to get along.
    Please provide a link, or evidence for that statement.

Here's an interview Szymczyk did last October. While he doesn't actually say it in so many words, near the end of the interview he implies that LROOE wasn't exactly a bed of roses to work on with the guys because of tensions.

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/p...r-the-long-run
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Let's keep in kind that LROOE was over 5 years ago, and Bill only saw them for that brief window of time. Time heals all wounds, and as they've gotten older, they seem to roll with the punches a bit better, in tern of petty squabbling.

I think the process of putting together an album is stressful, even for the best and closest of bandmates. So tension and conflict are common for album productions, and probably doubled when you're tackling a double album, which LROOE basically was. And bless them, these guys are perfectionists, which is a blessing and a curse. Like for "The Long Run," I think when time stretches out and things get too drawn out, tempers flare. They're passionate guys and their demand for quality may get the best of them. It's not like its "fighting for fighting's sake." It's all about the music. I think they need to set time deadlines for doing albums though--when they get too mired in the complexities of it all is when it all seems to boil over. Keep it simple, fellas.

Also, for LROOE, they all had families and other commitments going on, and it just became too drawn out a process with all of them in too many far-flung locations, e-mailing back and forth. It's the issue they've had from the beginning, and they all touched upon in the doc--when times get tough, they don't communicate well. (Typical men )

I think Bill is merely being a tad "interview colorful" by calling it "hate." I think frustrations bubble easily, and they get annoyed with each other, but after how many years, I don't think it's "hate" when they fight. Maybe more disappointment?--"Why can't you see what I see? Why can't you hear what I hear?" It all comes down to ego and artistry and how to blend it in a band atmosphere--it's hard to subjugate the one for the good of the whole--the Eagles struggle with it, and all bands struggle with it, I'm sure.

All I can say is that the guys looked to be having a great time with each other in Milwaukee on Sunday, and I don't think you can fake that chemistry. You could feel their enthusiasm coming off the stage; in little looks and smiles they exchanged. (And in that heat, who would have the energy to fake friendship!?!? ) Are they best buddies off stage? Maybe not (or maybe some are closer than others), but I think they respect each other and the journey they've been on together. So "hate?" I don't think they could last this long if their was true "hate" there.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I think that the amount of money the Eagles make when they tour makes it worthwhile for them to play nice when they are on stage and during press events, and I'm guessing they are having a genuinely good time up there playing the music. I would not be surprised to hear they do not communicate at all between Eagles events. Having said that, don't Joe and Glenn tour outside of Eagles tours as Party of Two? Those two obviously don't hate each other if they work together outside of the Eagles touring machine? Or, again, maybe they can bring themselves to do it for $1MM for one night...its all business. Its funny that people WANT them to like each other.

I was wondering - does anybody know if any of the Eagles ever attended one of Timothy's solo shows? I would like to think that, as a courtesy, they would have checked him out on his only solo tour...

As far as continuing litigation with Felder, the recent advent of music broadcast technologies such as Spotify and Pandora has brought up an entirely new, unforeseen set of issues. Normally, you would write in a settlement agreement something to the effect of, "and all technology now or invented in the future..." but there are always ways to try to re-open a case. The royalty system for these types of websites/apps is so different from the traditional radio royalties - every six months there is a new technology!! I just read last week that an artist's (can't remember who) song was played one million times by Pandora and he received, like, $16. There is no way to keep up with the technology.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post

As far as continuing litigation with Felder, the recent advent of music broadcast technologies such as Spotify and Pandora has brought up an entirely new, unforeseen set of issues. Normally, you would write in a settlement agreement something to the effect of, "and all technology now or invented in the future..." but there are always ways to try to re-open a case. The royalty system for these types of websites/apps is so different from the traditional radio royalties - every six months there is a new technology!! I just read last week that an artist's (can't remember who) song was played one million times by Pandora and he received, like, $16. There is no way to keep up with the technology.
    So is this what Don was referring to in that interview with a Milwaukee (I think it was) paper that we posted somewhere here? I know I was wondering if there were still litigation or if Don was being a bit over the top. I wish we knew for sure. Consider me one that would like to see all 7 of them up on stage before this is all said and done. I can dream!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think there's too much bad blood between Don and Glenn and Felder. They will never be on stage with him again. We can dream about it all we want, but it won't happen. Can you really blame Don and Glenn when Felder continuously picks at them? I don't. I for one, don't care. I still love the Eagles without him.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Couldn't help but notice in that interview that Bill got the facts wrong on Randy Meisner. Randy didn't pour the beer on Glenn - Bernie did.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Can you really blame Don and Glenn when Felder continuously picks at them? I don't. I for one, don't care. I still love the Eagles without him.
    Not to try to start the whole Felder/Frey/Henley argument over again BUT it goes both ways!! I don't think Felder is any worse than the other 2. Henley and his whole "Mr. Felder" and such.

(And there you have it--- I just posted in the Border theme thread that I'm not a Felder fan/defender, yet I've found myself "defending" him twice today). Go figure!
    He sings it high, he plays it low