Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
Sorry VA - I guess I kinda switched gears on you in my last post. The link I'm getting the malware warning on is the Lindsey Buckingham article. I'm familiar with how malware gets embedded in links, but sometimes if my mouse hovers over a live link even briefly, it will open even if I don't click it, so I have to be really cautious.

And to switch gears again back to to hip-hop article, I agree with what you are saying. But, apparently unlike Eagles fans, for example, those former hip-hop fans who have grown up maybe aren't passing their fandom on to the next generation. I think the bottom line is that hip-hop music just doesn't enjoy the mass appeal that Eagles music does. BTW, I also think the author exaggerated quite a bit to make his point. He listed numerous rock and roll artists that are selling out arenas, when in fact, very few actually do. As we have mentioned in other threads, in order for most rock and rollers to sell out arenas these days, they have to partner with several other acts. I guess it's possible that even if hip-hop artists did the same thing, they still couldn't attract the same numbers as rock and roll acts. To paraphrase what some wise musicians once said 'It's all about song power'!
I agree, although the hip hop acts he spoke of were partnering with several others and STILL only selling out small theaters. And of course it's all radio's fault. Go figure. It's like he doesn't realize that young people these days do not listen to radio.