Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Ugh. I never get why people want to diss something that makes others happy. "Old" rockers are giving their fans a blissful experience and all this person can think about is that they don't look or act like they did 40 years ago. Well, freaking stay home then, and let the rest of us enjoy it.

Also, I can't stand all the inaccuracies and misrepresentations that get repeated so often. Here are two: "[Don Henley] doesn't smile once" and "They never talk to or acknowledge each other on stage, nor do they seem to take pleasure in each other’s musicianship or performance." These statements are patently untrue - people on this board saw quite the opposite at the same show this person attended.

Either the author has no problem exaggerating to make a point, or she didn't really pay that much attention and replaced what actually happened with lazy recycling of preconceived stereotypes.

Oh well. If she can't enjoy the concert because the performers are over a certain age, maybe she should check the birthdates of the band members before she forks over her money. Anybody born before 1990 can be crossed off her list. I'm sure there will be a boy band playing the arena sometime soon, and she can revel amongst the tween girls squeeing over their first crushes, not a wrinkled rocker in sight.

As for me, though, I'll be at the Eagles show.