Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Song Survivor

Default Re: Expando Song Survivor

I have to cast my vote for A Good Day...sorry, but I really love the image that pops into my head when I hear Timmy singing 'jump into my car and head down to the ocean'.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border

Further to that - I have been avoiding making comments on Downtime. I thought Tim fans would relish the chance to hear him sing something so 'gritty' and uptempo, nothing like the type of track you might expect from him.

Personally I love the guitar work, the way he sings it and I really get a kick out of the lyrics. I have been in that place he describes so often. I find the song very uplifting.

Ditto that, FP...I suspect we ALL have those days when we 'need a little downtime'! I can certainly identify with the lyrics and the chorus is rather catchy. I think it's actually the most 'jazzy' sort of song we've ever heard from Tim and I think the style suits him.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

So far so good--I've hung in pretty well and I think it's because no surprises for me yet-they are falling exactly as I had on my list.

I'm one that really loves Downtime. Everything about it is great. It's not at the very top of my list but I don't think it's time to go yet.

To be honest, the first time I heard the beginning of A Good Day on the cd (but not live for some reason) I went, oh boy- a little bit country and you all know what that means to me! YIKES--but since then it has grown on me a bit because of the lyrics I believe. But the country twang to it....

I vote for A GOOD DAY
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    So far so good--
    First you quote it, then you vote it off... tsk, tsk! I think I am to Parachute as you are to A Good Day. I love AGD. I mean, those lyrics!!! How do you not love it for the lyrics alone?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Time for Downtime to go for me. I love it, but something has to go.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    First you quote it, then you vote it off... tsk, tsk! I think I am to Parachute as you are to A Good Day. I love AGD. I mean, those lyrics!!! How do you not love it for the lyrics alone?
    Read what I put about the lyrics....
    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    To be honest, the first time I heard the beginning of A Good Day on the cd (but not live for some reason) I went, oh boy- a little bit country and you all know what that means to me! YIKES--but since then it has grown on me a bit because of the lyrics I believe. But the country twang to it....
    It's the twang I don't care much for. Out of the songs remaining it's the one I feel I like least.

And yes, I was aware I was quoting it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As far as Downtime, I love half of the song, while the other half is just okay. I think the chorus is so much better than the verses that they don't seem to go together, making the song rather 'disjointed' to me. Anyway, overall it is a good song, but the others remaining are better, IMO. When I'm ready to vote this round, I will vote for it if necessary.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I just looked over the remaining songs. I have the top 3 I love and the bottom 3. It's so hard to call them bottom 3, because one of them is Downtime, which is actually one of my favorite songs! This game would be easier if the CD sucked.

After careful consideration, the song I like least is the one I feel I must vote for: Parachute

Although I know some think WBFS is silly, I don't. I think it's fun. It would be silly if it were made up... but it's autobiographical. Downtime has the awesome chorus. FN is playful and romantic. Secular Praise is soul searching and AGD is uplifting. Sorry Parachute, but you kinda depress me.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

My vote goes to Downtime.