Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of fake autographs!!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Beware of fake autographs!!

No, of course he didn't, and it would be unrealistic to expect that he would have done so.

My certificate of authenticity for these state that they were signed at the Artists Rights show in Washington DC a few years ago. I think they're the real thing (or at least I hope so).

This is the only autographed item I have that might be authentic hand signed by Joe. I have other prints of Joe but they were signed and then replicated I'm sure. They were from the Membership Pack from JWFC.

I've told the story about this pic before and will not hesitate to repeat it. I'm very sentimental about it.

I saw this on eBay and started bidding on it. Several were bidding but in the end, it was just myself and one other person and it didn't seem to matter WHAT I bid, I was outbid! Finally, I gave up on it.

Then a couple of weeks passed and I received an oversized envelop in the mailbox. I opened it and it was this picture. It was from Beth Blumenthal, a close friend that I'd met through JWFC. I'd met her at several concerts back in 2003-2006 when Verna and I were chasing the Eagles all over the country. Beth was the co-founder of Rockphiles. I'd helped Beth and Mews write up several artist Bios for their site. Beth had recognized my eBay "handle" which at the time, wasn't encrypted as it is now. She though it a riot that she was rubbing me out on the bids. She'd planned all along to give it to me.

Sadly, Beth passed away a couple of years ago after a battle with cancer.

This picture is priceless to me and I could care less whether the signature is authentic or not.

Last edited by MikeA; 01-11-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Bad mistake in dates (should have been 2003-2006 instead of 73 - 76

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Never get tired of hearing a story like that one Mike!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Mike, I had never heard your story before, and it was very heartfelt. What a very kind thing for Beth to do. I was so sorry to hear of her death, but the memory of what she did for you will live on forever.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Mike, what a wonderful story.

I have several cds, an album, and a hoodie that were signed by Don Henley himself at a meet & greet right in front of me, which I will always cherish. I've never bought anything else because I'm too skeptical. I do have that photo of Joe from joining his fan club, but figure it's like Mike said.

Peek, how amazing to see your photo used on a nationally broadcast program, despite the unfortunate circumstances. My guess is these guys just browse Google Images until they find something workable.

Mike, I didn't know Beth very well, from what I understand she was a lovely lady who died way too young. She was so friendly to me when I first joined Rockphiles, sending me a message about how she'd lived in the same Texas town I had. Thank you for sharing your story.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes, thats a lovely story Mike.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Mike, I didn't know Beth very well, from what I understand she was a lovely lady who died way too young. She was so friendly to me when I first joined Rockphiles, sending me a message about how she'd lived in the same Texas town I had. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Beth...well, Beth was just an absolute Sweetheart! So is Mews for that matter. I consider my self fortunate to know and have known both of them.

MikeA

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This story is unbelieveable! Not that some lowlifes would alter photographs for money, but that our very own Jess took the photo of Don that is being used in the news stories.

Have you let 'them' know that it's yours yet Jess?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.