Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Toilet Paper Poll!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default The Great Toilet Paper Poll!

I wonder if Don has voted?

http://www.toiletpaperpoll.com/
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: The Great Toilet Paper Poll!

Well - I certainly hope he did, Brooke. Don and I would never see eye to eye on this though, cause for me it definitely should be UNDER! Now, I can't wait for the next poll - Do you leave the cap on or off the freakin' toothpaste???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm with Don. Over looks nicer, IMHO. More importantly, when you tug on the sheet of a roll that's over, the angle of your pull makes the roll rotate more slowly and smoothly; it renders the spin easier to control. The sheet is less likely to bunch up or (God forbid) hit and drag on the floor as a result of an inadvertently too-hard tug when you're tearing it. Finally, it's easier to unroll from a standing position - less of a distance to reach.

I guess Don isn't the only one who's given this issue too much thought.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This just cracks me up!! I had forgotten about Don and the infamous toilet paper letter.

I voted for over. I will change the toilet paper to over anywhere I see it placed (imo) the wrong way. Growing up, my brother would deliberately put the toilet paper going under just to bug me...and it worked. One of the many ways he would tease me when we were kids.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - I certainly hope he did, Brooke. Don and I would never see eye to eye on this though, cause for me it definitely should be UNDER! Now, I can't wait for the next poll - Do you leave the cap on or off the freakin' toothpaste???

No no no, the toilet paper roll must be OVER - easier access to the paper end, smoother rolling - its an aesthetics thing

Eww I can not imagine leaving the cap off - that's just inviting germs and dust and nasty bits of hair and gunk to get caught on the sticky end. Of course this does bring up the question of do you squeeze the tube from the end or from the middle? That is a battle that has been fought for generations in bathrooms all over the world....

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'll have to agree with Don on this one, too. The paper MUST come over the top. It's easier to get a hold of that way. And, as Don said, the pretty flowers show up best that way, so it must be the right way.

Oh my, Dreamer! We must not have been twins separated at birth after all. This is the second thing today we've disagreed on!

This is one thing my hubby and I agree on. Just found that out within the last year or so. After 35 years together!

WT, I squeeze my toothpaste tube in the middle until it gets close to empty then I push it all to the top. Don't want to waste any! And I always put the cap back on!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    WT, I squeeze my toothpaste tube in the middle until it gets close to empty then I push it all to the top. Don't want to waste any! And I always put the cap back on!
    Me too. I've got a nifty little contraption that I put the end of the tube into and it rolls up in it and pushes all the extra toothpaste to the top. And the cap must be put back on.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Most every roll of toilet paper I've seen has been rolled backwards. So, I generally re-roll it to a fresh empty roll. It makes it fluffier when you do that too and we do need to be pampered. It does take time though, however what else do you have to do when you are in the vicinity of toilet paper? Crosswords?

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

You guys are to funny!!!

I'm an over the top kinda gal also! I just showed this to Larry and he said he was always a under -till he met me and figured out no matter how many times he put in under, I was going to switch it back anyways.

And Peek--I'm like you-I don't care where I am, I will switch it to over all the time.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Most every roll of toilet paper I've seen has been rolled backwards. So, I generally re-roll it to a fresh empty roll. It makes it fluffier when you do that too and we do need to be pampered. It does take time though, however what else do you have to do when you are in the vicinity of toilet paper? Crosswords?

Mike, sometimes I just don't know about you...

The TP's got to go over - easier to grab. Cap always goes back on the tube. And I've got a spouse who agrees with me! We even agree that the toilet seat should stay closed!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.