Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tim Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Interesting! I guess he liked how it looked. It does sound distinguished!
    I like the way it looks too.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border

Well, that's great to finally read about that. Do you know, one of the more stupid things said by Marc Eliot in To The Limit is that when Tim joined the Eagles he declared he wished to be known as 'Timothy B. Schmit' - er - he'd always been known as that.... Tim does not strike me as being 'precious' in that way.

Yes, Timothy definitely doesn't come across as a 'prima donna' type. I like the spontaneity of suddenly changing the way he wrote his name - a couple of years ago I changed my signature from my initials and surname to my first name and surname - just seemed a bit warmer somehow.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Default Re: Tim Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Now, a picture in the Schmit Sexiness thread made me think of this. I believe that Tim must like Holiday Inn. The reason I think this is because in the Eagles display at the R&R HOF, there is a very large duffel bag full of hotel room keys that Tim "collected" during his 70's touring days with the band. Those were the days when the room key was a real key, and I remember seeing a lot of Holiday Inn keys in there.
    About the HOF Key Collection....

That's great, Tf! Timothy's wild side revealed at last! I wonder what became of the actual collection?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

GEF - the collection of keys that Tim is describing is the one that is actually on display in the Rock 'n' Roll HOF. I saw it when I went there a couple of years ago, and it is very cool.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

People like Timothy are why all the American hotels now give out cards instead of keys.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Trivia

Just a little trivia to add to this thread.

Timothy and Dan Fogelberg did a little touring together back in the 80's. I actually met someone who saw them performing together. She was able to meet them and talk one on one with both. She had quite a little photo album full of pics of both guys. She was kind enough to make me a cassette of the Playing It Cool album from her autographed lp! I got to drool over the pics, Timothy was wearing a plaid flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, very casual looking. Ok, and H S G!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Interesting! Yours too, rcknalwys, although I didn't see it when you first posted it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten