Thread: Vault Concerts

Default Vault Concerts

anyone know if the Eagles plan to release footage of past concerts? i'd like to see an Eagles Anthology like the Beatles Anthology, have them tell their own story and stuff. Plus full concerts from 1972 - 1980 wouldn't be so bad either

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Vault Concerts

I think everyone here would love to have something like that, but it probably won't happen. Sorry to say! But we can dream, can't we?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

As far as I know, the Eagles don't have distribution rights to their older broadcast concerts, so they actually might not be able to release them at this point. Bet if they were able to, they'd make a mint... which is probably why whoever holds the rights is loath to release them. It's all about the moolah! (I should note that my understanding of such things as distribution rights is only rudimentary, and I could very well be mistaken.)

As for the footage that was never released... I'm not sure how that works logistically. I think they could probably make money selling the high quality bootlegs such as Houston '76 and Christchurch '95 (certainly there are people who have profited from selling those to fans), but perhaps there are factors we're not aware of.

Shadowland, I checked out your YouTube channel. I noticed many of your uploads were originally downloaded from this site network. It would be great if you could mention that fact in the descriptions of those videos. Thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Irving was threatening to release a 'History of the Eagles' at one stage. It would be a good way of using stuff like the Hall of Fame induction which as far as I know they refused to have included on the 9 disc Hall of Fame celebration.

i will mention it sorry

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    As far as I know, the Eagles don't have distribution rights to their older broadcast concerts, so they actually might not be able to release them at this point. Bet if they were able to, they'd make a mint... which is probably why whoever holds the rights is loath to release them. It's all about the moolah! (I should note that my understanding of such things as distribution rights is only rudimentary, and I could very well be mistaken.)

As for the footage that was never released... I'm not sure how that works logistically. I think they could probably make money selling the high quality bootlegs such as Houston '76 and Christchurch '95 (certainly there are people who have profited from selling those to fans), but perhaps there are factors we're not aware of.

Shadowland, I checked out your YouTube channel. I noticed many of your uploads were originally downloaded from this site network. It would be great if you could mention that fact in the descriptions of those videos. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    i will mention it sorry
    Thank you - I appreciate it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten