Firstly, apologies if the mods think this should be in another section of the forum. If so, please remove to a more appropriate place.

I've 'liked' the Eagles for a long time (got the cassette of 'Greatest Hits' to prove it), but completely fell in love with them about 18 months ago when I bought 'LROOE'. Wouldn't say I'm obsessive about them, but I do play their music (and that of Tim and Don) almost exclusively.

I now want to buy their early stuff (Desperado, One of these nights, Eagles, On the border, Eagles Live, and The long run). Some, if not all of the albums, have been digitally remastered, and I'm debating if they are worth the extra money, as opposed to the cheaper 'original model'.

My stereo system, while being a very good model when it was bought, is now at least 20 years old, and is unlikely to be replaced in the foreseeable future. And most of the time I play my music on my laptop anyway, as the stereo is in another room.

The cost difference isn't that great for one CD, but when you multiply roughly $3.75 by 6 it does start to add up.

I would appreciate the opinions of other FMs.