Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Copyright Trolls Steal All the Fun...

Default Re: Eagles YouTube videos

It's ridiculous, imo. All they are accomplishing is making themselves look like arrogant jerks and in the long run they'll lose fans over it. I looked up Cass County Music after they removed my video and saw they have been VERY busy. There were a lot of people who were very upset and chose to no longer be supportive of the artists.

I understand if people are providing something for free that the artists could be making money from, but come on.......a cover of a song by a 14 year old???? Puhlease

There are many stories like the above.

Check this one out from Harmony Central.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow. That is uncalled for to scare a child like that

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This sickens me. The only thing that would make me angrier is if the guys actually know to what extent this has gone and are letting it happen. I'm picturing something like this happening to my 17 year old daughter, who's been a fan for years, she would be devastated and I'm sure would no longer be a fan.

Do you think they actually know to what extent this has reached? I certainly hope not but I'd put $$ on it that they do.

I know this isn't going to sound good but I will say it anyways, I will always LOVE LOVE LOVE their music and them as musicians, BUT if they are a part of something like this, I have to admit, I don't care much for them as people. Maleah--you hit the nail on the head, they really are "arrogant jerks" if they are letting this happen.

Way to treat your fans~~ Remember? Those people that made you what you are today?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I still think it's worth pointing out that Cass County Music is only affiliated with Don Henley. It is Don Henley's publishing company and does not represent the Eagles. It certainly does not represent Glenn Frey, whose publishing company is Red Cloud Music. It may or may be acting for the band's collective interest, but we don't know that for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but didn't they recently take down some of Tim's stuff from some of his solo shows also?

I know I personally haven't received a complaint on Tim material specifically, but one of my accounts which hosted material from all the Eagles was deleted and thus the Tim material went with it. Perhaps others have had different experiences.

The first YouTube video I ever got taken down was thanks to Joe's busy bee lawyers Paterno et.al, and that was years ago before Cass County went on their spree. I have never received a notice from Red Cloud Music on any of my YouTube accounts.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

What I do not get, is why they (Don et al) loathe youtube. If I want a quality piece of music, I will buy the CD. "I", personally, do not think of youtube as quality at all. It's more for fun or "entertainment" purposes. It's never going to take the place of a live concert or real CD (or legally downloaded material).

To "me", it's just another media connection between rockstar and fan. Nothing more.

Granted, I am clearly not a top rated musician... but still, most people aren't. I'm sure that the general population doesn't look to youtube for anything of true quality to take the place of something an established band has put out.

Yes, I know, some bands don't want anything out there except top notch quality. The Eagles being right up there... as we know they closely monitor their concerts to sound just like the CD w/little to no variation. Something us fans have come to except... however, I think the whole youtube thing is out of control... as some of these musicans should realize, their fans are everyday people and want to see or hear their favorite band in any capacity... not just overproduced CD's.

Okay... off soapbox... I'm sure I'll be blasted, but it's just "my" opinion and "my" thoughts.

Default Re: Copyright Trolls Steal All the Fun...

Maybe that's what I'm thinking Soda. I just remember one day Timothy's solo show was there and a few days later, not.

Was thinking about this earlier. I don't upload anything on YouTube but I do frequent it alot to check my faves out. I have different playlists for my faves like Cars, Sweet, Eagles, Styx, etc.... but I don't know why I bother with Eagles. Every time I bring it up, the stuff I added to that playlist has been taken down. I keep it there, I believe, only because I feel "obligated" to have an Eagles playlist.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Copyright Trolls Steal All the Fun...

I think the issue is with copyright and ownership, not the quality of the YouTube clips.