Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Copyright Trolls Steal All the Fun...

Default Re: Copyright Trolls Steal All the Fun...

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    What I don't get is, there are hundreds of Eagles video's on youtube. How do they decide which ones they want to take down?
    Good question. It seems very random. Two people upload the same video. One gets taken down, the other doesn't. Their songs are still up there; it's just now there are only 5 versions of the song instead of 10. Thus, they haven't even accomplished their most basic goal of protecting their copyright, since the material remains. Putting aside the damage to public relations, the YouTube purges are failures in practical terms as well.

Also, something I mentioned earlier that I find very ironic is that the uploading of commercially available material such as songs from HFO and F1 seems to be largely left alone, while the fanvids and fan covers are targeted by whoever is making the complaints on behalf of Henley. (For instance, you can easily find The Long Run from Farewell 1 currently on YouTube - here's an example.)

That is inexplicable to me. It's like they are TRYING to alienate fans!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Re the removal of the YouTube video of the guy 'sitting on his sofa' playing HC, did anyone notice that if you click on his user name, and then do a few more clicks, there is a 'commercial' link to buy tabs? Perhaps that's the major reason Cass asked for the removal of the video. On the other hand, I can't see HC in the list of tabs available, but Cass could have ordered him to stop selling them. Or ordered the removal of HC in case he published tabs of it in the future.

I am really torn on the whole YouTube issue.
    About 18 months ago, I was idly looking through the 'cheap records' on a fairly well-known internet site, and one of the offers was LROOE. There were snippets of the songs to listen to, and I really liked several of the songs, so decided to buy it.
    That was probably about the same sort of time that I began to really discover YT (I'm not the world's greatest techie ). And I found all these great vidoes of the Eagles in concert(s) - Farewell Tour, and the Long Run.
    After playing 'You belong in the city' from Farewell more than was good for my health (the tops of Tim's legs about 1.30 in ) and bandwidth, I thought I ought to buy the video. And while I was getting that, I might as well get the Long Run.
    By now I had completely fallen in love with Tim's voice, so the plastic took another battering when two of his CDs cost me £22 each (about $71 in total at today's conversion so actually a very good buy). The other two were a bit cheaper.
    I was talking to a friend about the Eagles and for some reason we both said 'New York minute' at the same time. Friend made me a boot-leg copy of the 'End of the innocence' CD. Fell in love with Don's voice, and I now have his four 'main' albums (not the 'hits' ones) - including 'End of the innocence'.
    I believe I have all the Poco CDs Tim sang on, I have the Eagles 'Country roads' DVD, and have just bought all of their old CDs.

I realise that the typical YT user doesn't go quite so overboard as me , but it's impossible to equate just how many extra records are sold as a result of someone finding an artist on YT.

As I said, I'm really torn, but YT is possibly not quite the devil Don would like to make it out to be.

Well, if he were trying to sell HC tabs, that WOULD make him a lot less sympathetic! He claims they instructed YouTube to take the video down solely because he was covering the song, though, as they did with the Don Felder videos that Joe posted. I guess it depends on if you believe him or not!

I think there are many, many people with similar stories to yours regarding buying things as a result of YouTube, UKTimFan.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I think those that buy CD's based on youtube, evens out those that don't. As I stated, I bought LROOE solely because of what I heard on youtube. MY friends recommendation didn't even sell me, but YT did.

From there, I went on to buy all their CD's as well as a couple of Poco CD's. Also, I purchased Farewell 1 due to YT.

If only some artist's could come around and embrace YT, they just may find it truely is a great marketing tool.

Default Re: Eagles YouTube videos

Cass County Music is taking all the Eagles videos i posted on youtube down

Unsurprising. They've been busy lately. I'm sorry your efforts went to waste, Shadowland.

Don needs to lighten up while he still can about Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Cass County Music is taking all the Eagles videos i posted on youtube down
    I hear ya! They took down the "Boys of Summer" video that I recorded in Fargo last year. Maybe I should take down the "Long Run" video before they ban me from youtube. lol So annoying!

i know. i posted the videos that were for download on eaglesonlinecentral.com and they took down most of them. it sucks cause fans wont be able to enjoy them. one of two things need to happen
    1) they let us keep the videos on YouTube or
    2) they release a Beatles Anthology thingy of the Eagles or something

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    I hear ya! They took down the "Boys of Summer" video that I recorded in Fargo last year. Maybe I should take down the "Long Run" video before they ban me from youtube. lol So annoying!

One of the videos they took down was a 14-year-old girl singing Hotel California - not a recorded version of the Eagles doing it, not sung along with the album track - just a young girl singing a song she loved, filmed and uploaded to YouTube by her father.