Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adam Lambert

Default Re: Adam Lambert

Well, the dude has a great voice, but he obviously has a GREAT agenda as well! The stage isn't really where that agenda should be pushed.

The thing is, there are a lot of people who might have bought his music that won't now.

Compare him to Dilana. Remember, Dilana's version of "Ring Of Fire"...Lambert confessed that it inspired him to do a makeover on Mr. Cash's masterpiece.

Well, Dilana is not straight either...but she isn't making an issue out of it. With her, it's about the music.

Methinks that Mr. Lambert has a lot of maturing to go through and for his sake, I hope the growth process doesn't stunt his musical career...though I really don't care one way or another <LOL>

MikeA

I still don't see what the fuss is all about. Aren't Musicians entitled to artistic freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I still don't see what the fuss is all about. Aren't Musicians entitled to artistic freedom?
    Hmmm, they have places in Vegas where they teach erotica as a "fine art" so I guess you might have a point. Practice of such art though, is generally confined to more private venues than national television.

MikeA

I didn't watch this either but I heard about it. Apparently Adam Lambert is more interested in presenting himself as a sexual object than as a musician/singer. If I were making my debut, I'd want people talking about my voice, not my simulations of S&M and oral sex - but he made a deliberate choice to draw attention to his crotch rather than his vocal chords. Maybe he feels his crotch is more entertaining... but I daresay the vast majority of viewers would disagree.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Adam Lambert was on Letterman last night. He wasn't interviewed. Thankfully the performance was without overt sexual coreography!

Obviously I made it very clear what I thought of this on Facebook but I'll post a comment here as well. lol First of all.....so the WINNER of Idol gets to give out an award but the runner up gets to perform?? Think the industry has an agenda at all? lol

I am from "this generation" as well and I found it completely offensive and disgusting. I could care less if you're gay or not. One of my best friends is gay and I'm the first person that he "came out" too. Whatever if that's what you want to do then that's your'e decision. Primetime national television is NOT the place to do a performance like that. I mean seriously....you bleep out words from Eminem and 50 Cent's song and then you SHOW Adam Lambert simulating oral sex, rubbing crotches, grabbing crotches, leading people in leather around in chains, making out with people on stage? I mean what the heck....is this music or broadway or your bedroom???? What? It should have all been edited out. Artistic integrity? Artistic vision? I'm sorry but I see no integrity in that. And my vision saw far more than it needed to. So he made out with a guy...did I want to see it? No. But yes Britney and Madonna and Christina have done it so if he had left it at that I would have gotten over it. But I have never seen ANY performance with all the groping, thrusting, fondling, and inuendo's that happened in his "performance." If nothing else ABC should have posted a "warning: explicit/graphic sexual material to follow" before his performance. And I KNEW that the moment that backlash appeared it would be "discrimination." It all boils down to this....if he wants to have performances like that then save it for your tour buddy. But it should not have been done on primetime tv. Oh and what was with all the over the top screaming?? I'll stop on the Adam subject because I could go all day about it.

And ANOTHER thing that annoyed me.....I read a review of the show where the reviewer had the nerve to be annoyed that Kelly Clarkson got a standing ovation "just for singing." He stated that she did nothing entertaining, no performance....just "sang her song." Excuse me??? Since when did a music show become about who can do the wildest on stage gimmick??? When did it become about something OTHER than the singer and the song? Kelly was one of my favorite performances of the night because she didn't NEED all the extra crap. She stood up there and she sang the heck out of that song. What a concept that someone could actually rely on their talent and their voice and not lip sync.

Whew......feel better getting all that out.

Can't find the vid on youtube, but I saw some pictures on Google. Blimey! Does that keyboardist have any face left?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Adam Lambert was on Letterman last night. He wasn't interviewed. Thankfully the performance was without overt sexual coreography!
    I saw his performance of the other single "What Do You Want From Me" on Letterman, and it was an absolutely top-notch Adam musical performance!! His vocals and stage presence were perfect for the song...professional, emotional--in short, everything his AMA performance should have been reach the wider audience. What a chameleon! It's too bad that more people probably saw the AMA song than Letterman, yet the latter performance really showcased his talents infinitely more.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Oh my gosh, Maleah, you took the words right out of my mouth!! They have Kris Allen dressed up in a style of suit that made him look like he was in high school, and then have him co-present with Demi Lovato (I think) and ask HER for advise because of her experience?? What was THAT all about...I think Kris's agent should have protected his image a bit more than that. He in no way seemed cool or with it on the show-- and from his style of singing back in the spring, he certainly seemed to be the cool mellow type. Remember when he dueted with Keith Urban oh the AI finale?? THAT would've been the image to portray to the current music-listening public when a new album is due out any day, don't ya think?

And you know I agree with what you said about Adam. I actually could've lived with the kiss of the keyBorder, since I had a tough time determining whether he was a woman or man from the distance of the shot. But the simulation of the oral sex is what really threw this waaay over the top for me, not to mention all of the various S&M innuendos and gropings here and there!

Finally, my two favorite performances were....drumroll...the singers with no gimmicks, namely Keith (of course ) and Kelly. Just the music, please...as long as there is talent to back it up!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I couldn't agree more EV!

And another thing that annoyed me....I read on yahoo news that Kris' cd was the poorest selling debut by any Idol winner and that Adam's was going to blow his away. I WONDER WHY??? His management and Idol's management have done NOTHING for him! EVERYTHING has been about Adam...THE RUNNER UP! No one can tell me that they weren't trying to push him on everyone to win Idol and now they're promoting by FAR more than they are the actual winner of the show. You don't hear anything about Kris showing up on any tv talk shows or late night shows or any awards shows! However...Adam is all over the place. The poor guy never had a chance...let's be honest. As soon as they could get him out of the publics eye they did and replaced him ten fold with Adam. I guess it's a good thing Kris is so easygoing and it doesn't bother him. Wouldn't you think it would make Adam feel a little silly if they're such good friends and Kris got practically thrown to the side so he could step up? I would feel a little bad...but then....that's just me. lol Hopefully Kris has a long career ahead of him. And hopefully his second cd will be something that he controls a little more and makes it a little more like his Idol style than all the pop/rock stuff that's out now days.

Whew.....that was another long one....or at least it felt like it when I was typing