Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Walsh Music Videos Survivor Game

The Radio Song

I cast my vote for The Radio Song.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

It's too bad The Radio Song video is getting all the votes this round. Face it, none of these are top notch or very thought provoking, but in TRS when Joe is playing guitar in that field with the lights on him he looks hot!

I'm going to save my vote for later.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Like I said before, I actually like TRS. I seem to be a minority.

The whole destroying the whole room because of one fly, I just don't get but I guess that could be said of pretty much every Joe Walsh video. I don't think they are suppose to make much sense honestly. Just be fun.

My vote goes for I Can Play That Rock And Roll.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    It's too bad The Radio Song video is getting all the votes this round. Face it, none of these are top notch or very thought provoking, but in TRS when Joe is playing guitar in that field with the lights on him he looks hot!
    You're absolutely right - that's the best part of the video!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I have to agree with Willie on this one. I dont think The Radio Song video is any more annoying then some of the others, it's not my favorite, but it's okay. I can Play That Rock and Roll is a great song that rocks! but the video is annoying, propagating an image I think Joe'd just as soon forget and it has little or NOTHING to do with the song itself.
    In short, LOVE the song, HATE the video.
    I vote for "I Can Play That Rock and Roll"

You know, I have to say, I really hate that whole "destruction for fun" thing Joe used to do. I read these stories about Joe and his buddies defacing paintings and throwing televisions into pools and chopping up furniture and I know I'm supposed to think it's hilarious... but all I can think of is what a shame it is to ruin so many nice things when other people would have enjoyed them. You can throw money at a hotel manager and he can clean up your mess and even make a little to boot, but that painting is never coming back. It's almost like he's saying "I know there are a lot of people who are poor and don't have these nice things, but I'm so rich they're nothing to me! What you would value I can destroy because I have enough money to buy 1000 of 'em with change to spare!"

I think it's sad, not funny... but I don't want to sound like a preachy party pooper so I'll let it go at that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, I totally agree with you. Joe must have been out of his mind most of the time anyway, but I have never found destroying (or taking) property that isn't yours funny. He's probably embarassed by it now. But you never know. Does anybody remember the last interview it was brought up in and what he said about it?

I'm still going to hold my vote for now.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I dont know exactly in Joe's own words how it all got started, but I can make an educated guess piecing together interviews and book etc about those times. In Joe Vitale's book, he talks about having water fights that just got out of hand in hotels when Joey V and Joe were with Barnstorm. I think from those, they got a reputation for being wild and destroying hotel rooms. Joe W and Irving were very good friends and were used to having adjoining rooms. At one point they'd asked for adjoining rooms and were told they didnt have any available. They got room next to each other and Joe used a skill saw he found (from some construction work happening in another part of the hotel) to cut a door between the rooms. It was Irving who gave Joe his first chainsaw, so I would imagine that that particular image was developed after the rumors of the room destruction spread. I dont know personally how Joe feels about all of this but I have the feeling it was more image and outside influence then personality or personal preferences. My guess...

Stuck on the Border

Re The Radio Song I think it's different and I see nothing wrong with it. It's interesting that the voting is all going in blocks so far. I concur with PM's comments.

The problem with most of these videos is that Joe thinks he has to exaggerate the 'goofy' persona and that is why I don't think the majority of them are particularly good videos.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-23-2009 at 05:57 PM.