Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Date for Eagles New Album

exactly soda. You never really know when cd will be "on time" or when it won't. Gary Allan's cd was being announced on the radio here to have released a certain day, but we were being told it would release a couple weeks later. We were right in that particular case, but as we were explaining to the customer who was very upset they might have planned on releasing it on the radio announced day, and something came up with the album.

BUT..........I'm not too concerned yet because they could have said the very end of the spectrum (May 15th) if they were worried about it not being ready on time.

Right. It's the band who controls the release date, not Walmart. I imagine Walmart probably asked for some kind of timeline and got one. Henley certainly seems determined to get it out by mid-May, but there are lots of complications that could arise. When I hear a date from the band - then I'll really start the party!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As has been mentioned in some other threads, it seems there have been a lot of 'rumblings' this past week about a June release date for the album. This is beginning to sound encouraging since it is apparently coming from multiple sources. However, as we have discussed before, I'm not getting my hopes up until the band itself puts out an official announcement. Where is the 'crosses fingers' emoticon?

Well - I found the 'pray' smilie - that works!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Hey, yeah, Dreamer, I feel the hope move under my feet....!

Well you get the idea.

Perhaps cautious optimism is warranted, but I too am waiting with bated breath for an announcement!

Out on the Border

Default can't wait

I am so looking forward to the new album. It will make me feel fully alive again , to relive the Eagles all over again. When the Long Run came out , I would play it over and over.
    I can't wait to hear the guitars and their voices.
    To read that may be 1st of May, end of spring etc. I guess when it is released in the US ,it will be a matter of time before we get it in New Zealand.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by eaglestogether
    I am so looking forward to the new album. It will make me feel fully alive again , to relive the Eagles all over again. When the Long Run came out , I would play it over and over.
    I can't wait to hear the guitars and their voices.
    To read that may be 1st of May, end of spring etc. I guess when it is released in the US ,it will be a matter of time before we get it in New Zealand.
    I think most of us are "eagley" awaiting this album whenever it is released. The band is still not saying anything as of right now. I'm sure whenever it is released that some of us here in the U.S. will be more than glad to purchase and mail copies to those of you outside the U.S. who don't want to wait for it to be released in your country.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by "Ive always been a dreamer
    I think most of us are "eagley" awaiting this album whenever it is released.
    I like that! I very much liked the sample songs released, and am hoping there will be much along the same lines. All I really wish for is a chance to hear their respective solo voices and maybe a bit of rockier stuff, but I'll be grateful for anything they offer.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I think a lot of Eagles fans are of the attitude "Beggars can't be choosers" with it comes to the new album! lol

I just wish they'd hurry up with the damn thing!!
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine