Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: James Taylor

Default Re: James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Assess it is indeed Lou! That if course should read 'lovely'. The iPad has an irritating way of finishing off your words or substituting alternatives if there IS a typo. Teething problems I guess.
    I have the same trouble when I use my Android mobile phone. Sent a text to DD1 today calling her 'dopey'and it changed it for 'sports'. I have to check my text before sending or posting on FB or forums lol.
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    The gig is next Thursday. 11 days to go!
    Not long now then Lou.
    Melanie

Exactly one week to go! This time next Thursday, James will be right in front of me.

This performance is so beautiful...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMUIhQCm10[/ame]

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Tomorrow as I write and actually Friday 8 July, BBC4 (tv) is showing at 9pm a programme called 'Troubadours: the rise of the singer/songwriter'.
    It's a
    documentary exploring the popularity of singer/songwriters in LA during the 1970s.
    Carole King and James Taylor recall the beginnings of their artistic partnership at the Troubabour club in West Hollywood, with contributions from Elton John, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Kris Kristofferson, David Crosby, Roger McGuinn, Cheech and CHong, Steve Martin, JD Souther, and Peter Asher.
    (Details from Radio Times magazine. Can't find an online link which quotes these details.)

That programme runs from 9pm - 10.25, and is immediately followed by 'Carole King and James Taylor: Live at the Troubadour', a concert recorded in 2007. (And which I think has been shown before.)

And following that, there's a repeat of 'Hotel California: from the Byrds to the Eagles'.

The 'Troubadours' programme is repeated at 1.50am Saturday morning, and the Carole King/James Taylor concert is repeated at 3.15am.

Thank you so much for alerting us to that! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - It's an interesting and entertaining documentary. Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely try to watch it if they get a chance.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    Tomorrow as I write and actually Friday 8 July, BBC4 (tv) is showing at 9pm a programme called 'Troubadours: the rise of the singer/songwriter'.
    It's a
    Carole King and James Taylor recall the beginnings of their artistic partnership at the Troubabour club in West Hollywood, with contributions from Elton John, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Kris Kristofferson, David Crosby, Roger McGuinn, Cheech and CHong, Steve Martin, JD Souther, and Peter Asher.
    (Details from Radio Times magazine. Can't find an online link which quotes these details.)

That programme runs from 9pm - 10.25, and is immediately followed by 'Carole King and James Taylor: Live at the Troubadour', a concert recorded in 2007. (And which I think has been shown before.)

And following that, there's a repeat of 'Hotel California: from the Byrds to the Eagles'.

The 'Troubadours' programme is repeated at 1.50am Saturday morning, and the Carole King/James Taylor concert is repeated at 3.15am.
    I can watch all that again. Thanks
    Melanie

Just noticed that there's also a programme on after the Hotel California documentary called "California Comes To The Whistle Test" and it features performances by people like Jackson Browne, Little Feat and Bonnie Raitt. I am so ready for all of this!

God, I love the Troubadours documentary. So much good stuff in it, it's hard to know where to start. It makes me even more excited to see James next week!

And, I must say, although I'm probably in the minority... Mr. Kortchmar couldn't be sexier if he tried.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Awww, you're not in the minority Lou! He did indeed look sexy from the caps you sent me anyway! Anyway...... Isn't variety the spice of life? We'll take any sexy guy we can here!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP