Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best vocal blend

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Best vocal blend

He most certainly does! Great minds!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, Joe replaced Bernie, so he is definitely singing lower harmonies. I just wonder what they had Felder do, because there are only 3 or 4 notes in a chord. Is he singing bass on Seven Bridges Road?

That BBC show is great in terms of observing Eagles harmony. It answers questions and raises more. For example, what is Bernie singing on Saturday Night? Is he singing a bass part or is he doubling Glenn? It's a question because at other times during that show, we see Glenn mostly silent on Train Leaves Here This Morning and Don quiet on Peaceful Easy Feeling except when three-part "oohs" are needed. PEF is interesting in that Bernie sings the 3rd above Glenn's lead - something no else but Henley would do thereafter . . .

In CSN, Crosby would usually sing the next interval above the lead, and occasionally a lower part, sometimes both(Helplessly Hoping, for example). You can't really hear him because Nash's tone singing the highest part always overhwhelms Crosby's.

Well, it is very obvious why Bernie Leadon could never hang with the Eagles after they went more contemporary. He wears his guitar up too high!

If you're gonna be a Rock Star, you have to have a long strap with the ax down below your waist! Everbody knows that!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

What I find interesting now is that Glenn does such low harmonies on LROOE when he's known for his reasonably high (although not as high as Tim's) tenor. I love picking him out when I can. He isn't all that easy to hear in WITW until they get towards the end. My favourite line in NMWITW is 'when branches were the sky' where his voice is most dominant.