Well, I agree with you guys that Stevie tends to go for the dramatic descriptions and might overstate a bit. She has indeed said that both Joe Walsh and Lindsey Buckingham were her "Greatest loves" so yeah, she's not always consistent in that regard. Still, it's a great compliment to Joe!

I don't think anyone but Joe and Stevie can answer your questions, ticky. Just speculating - maybe the intensity of the relationship made it harder to reconnect later, ironically. I'm sure it's hard to open oneself up to that kind of heartbreak again. Also, Joe has been in serious relationships for the vast majority of the time that he's been sober. He was "taken."

I think it's safe to say Stevie would deny #2, though - that their relationship was based solely on drug-fueled passion. She has always called the relationship one of people who were attracted to each other because they understood each other; in fact, she claimed she was the ONLY one who truly "got" Joe.

Honestly, I kind of get the feeling Joe wasn't as into Stevie as she was into him. Certainly he doesn't talk about her with that kind of passion. Indeed, while lately he has said complimentary things, in the early 90s he openly mocked her and even called her a "road f--k" on Howard Stern. Of course, maybe that was the alcohol talking, and his almost compulsive desire to get a laugh, no matter what, like we recently saw with his comment about Leadon. I reiterate that in recent years, he has spoken of her kindly and even said that The Confessor would not have gotten made without her support.

The last name that has been publicly associated romantically with Stevie was Rupert Hine... and that 20 years ago. She says she is single now as "no man can handle my lifestyle." Of course, in a recent interview, she said it was never really over with Lindsey until 1998 when he had his first kid with his now-wife (they were not married at the time). Makes you go "hmmmm...."

The story is all over the newswires and I didn't see that particular link with photos ticky. Thanks!