Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Expando Reviews!

Default Re: Expando Reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I didn't get Expando for Christmas so I ordered it from Amazon. It arrived yesterday & I LOVE IT !!!!! EVERY TRACK!!
    Ann, I'm so glad you finally got Expando. It's great, isn't it? If you can, will you come back to this thread and put your favorites and what you like about them? I love reading others' thoughts.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    You might be surprised! Some people like to sound fancier than they are.
    It isn't a question of trying to sound 'fancy'. The line I quoted makes no sense in basic English. If you want to sound 'fancy' you at least use correct English. When did you ever see a phrase like 'small welcomed dawdling' 'or 'purposefullly energetic flatlining'?

If it's a translation, which I am sure it is, then there is no 'patronising' going on - just a very bad rendering of the original text into English.

For example near the end when it says 'you can't error the frankness in the man's delivery' - if it were orignally written in English it would have said 'you can't fault...'. 'Error' is not a verb.

I tried to find out where the site originates but I don't know how to do that - on the face of it proposemusic.com would appear to be a United States site. How to explain the appallingly bad English, then?
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-08-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Default Re: Expando Reviews!

Yes, I'll do that when I have time. Right now, "One More Mile" is the song that keeps getting stuck in my head.

Last edited by timfan; 07-09-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I had to look up the word muso-thought it was misspelled. It means musician. Why didn't the guy just say musician? And, what about the phrase "setting into"? Did you make a typo there. Anyway, I am not impressed with Nick's review which for me was sort of like spending time with an ex-spouse of an ex-friend. LOL

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal
    Last edited by timfan; 07-09-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Stuck on the Border

The term 'muso' for 'musician' has been around a long time. Perhaps it's more common in Europe. The other phrase CL queried is 'settling into' (no typo). But CL, you didn't notice the most glaring error of all: 'former' member of the Eagles.

Once again it looks like it may have been translated because who would use the world 'wonderment' to describe someone's voice.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Last edited by timfan; 07-09-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Nice! Breathe it in!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

That is excellent. How nice to think that it's from the UK.

A german EXPANDO Review
    http://www.monstersandcritics.de/art...mothy-B-Schmit
    The translation is by me, then, as always, errors can occur

Timothy B. who? The bass player for the Eagles presented a relaxed roots-rock album.
    Actually, everybody knows the Eagles. However, if one asked for the name of the bassist, only a few would probably come on the name Timothy B. Schmit. He held and also keeps mostly in the background if the Westcoast legends make happy the big Locations of this world around Don Henley and Glenn Frey. With his fifth solo album has let itself Schmit more than eight-year time; commercial pressure seems to be relaxed Eagle already long they are no longer exposed. Accordingly, celebrates the man with friendly colleagues his new work 'Expando'.
    Keb Mo plucks his Dobro in 'One More Mile' which hops bass grinning on a leg up and down, and Timothy B. Schmit just seems to be glad that people call in like Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers), Graham Nash (Crosby, Stills, Nash), Beach Boys arranger van Dyke parks and even Kid Rock and give her mustard in addition. The latter enters service than background singer in 'Downtime' what does not strike, fortunately.Then would you prefer to enjoy the distinctive falsetto of the master himself in 'Ella Jean' and hear the sad blow to Harp.
    Or 'Parachute' which would have got hold a Pole position also on the last Eagles album - the harmony arrangements and the guitarsoli make the song for the climax of the album.
    What one cannot maintain 'I Don't Mind' and sacred in 'Secular Praise' unfortunately. Here Mr. Schmit, unfortunately, loses a little the road holding , but this makes the rest of the album for the most part up for it.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)