Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Reviews!

Default Re: Expando Reviews!

Lou, I wish I had more time to expand(o) on your review. I love that you love it! When I have more time I will be able to reply in more depth. For now, thank you for expressing your thoughts so honestly. You have a wonderful way of doing that.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks, Cathy. I really appreciate that.

I'm listening to Expando again. (This is the third or fourth time now.) Parachute gets better and better. Downtime is absolutely one of my favourites though. When the chorus kicks in... "Every now and then I gotta shut down..." Aaaah. I love it!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I now have Expando playing in the background every time I come to The Border Just love, love, loving it .

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Finally sat down last night and got my thoughts together for this! I really love this album and I’ve yet to take it out of my cd player since I got it. (Although the cd player only works part of the time!)

One More Mile-Love it, love Tim’s voice! His voice surprised me so much here! It’s funky, folksy. The line “I even got my pocket knife” makes me laugh because I can identify with it. My husband and son always carry a pocket knife and are avid collectors. They even buy each other one for Christmas every year. It brings Timothy down to earth for me and makes him real.

Parachute-Love it! I love Graham Nash’s background vocals and Kenny Wayne Shepherd’s guitar playing. As many have said, it reminds me of a CS & N song.

Friday Night-Love it! A feel good song, kinda folksy. Makes me think of a hoedown or squaredance out in the barn! My sentiments for a Friday night; drop everything, work is done!

Ella Jean-Love it! So sweet. I could sing this song; it’s about me and my husband! He works away from home a lot and I’m left to deal with everything and I just hate him being gone. I love the harmonica. I’m not crazy about it when he goes in to the falsetto in the chorus, but I can live with it. I can’t help but laugh when he sings about being a ‘hermit man’. It’s me through and through!

White Boy From Sacramento-Timothy B. Schmit? I couldn’t believe it when I heard it! Who knew he could sing in that low key?! Love it! Funky! Really love his reference to LWKUA! You do sing it fine, Timothy!

Compassion-A very pretty song. Love the humming after the 2nd part of the 1st verse. Not a favorite, but very nice anyway. After the first 5 songs being so different, this is more like Timothy.

Downtime-great song. Lots of good thoughts there. Love the chorus. Yeah! Woo hoo!

Melancholy-I’ve certainly been there! Nice song, but not a favorite.

I Don’t Mind-Love it! The tuba cracks me up here. And I have to think that he's had some of these thoughts touring with the Eagles all these years!

Secular Praise-Love it! Absolutely beautiful. Gives me goosebumps and nearly makes me cry. Reminds me so much of my childhood. The Blind Boys From Alabama lend such beautiful background vocals.

A Good Day-Love it! Very funky again. I love the way he sings “later” and “outer” dragging the r’s. A bit of a country twang there, too, which I don't mind. And I love that harmonica again.

I agree with everyone that thinks Timothy really dug down and has reflected on his life here. I think it's his best album by far. I don't think I can really pick a favorite. I'm singing along with all of them. And some of you mentioned they get stuck in your head. I'm having that happen, too, and it's different ones, not the same one.

One thing I would like to know is when he wrote these songs; was it recently or have some of them been laying around a while?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, I think in one of his recent interviews Timothy said some of these songs are over three years old!
    ~ Cathy ~

These reviews are great - I love reading them. I agree that this album is the finest of his career. It's little wonder that fans who may not have given much thought to his solo career before are now taking notice. I just wish it had more exposure!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Good point Soda-why hasn't there been more exposure? I really think if they could get it out there that more people would discover him. Maybe more shows will help. Has anyone seen it much in the stores yet? I haven't really been anywhere to check myself.

BTW-Woke up with "Hallelujah, Gonna shout it out, gonna say it again..." going thru my head this morning. I had to make a long trip last night to pick up hubby and had the cd playing the whole 2+ hours I was in the car.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

We were in Best Buy last weekend and I specifically looked to see if there were any Expando cds and there was one.

I have also been thinking about its exposure, specifically getting Parachute on the radio. Is there something we all can do? Is it as simple as calling or emailing our local radio stations? If so I think we should all do it. We, in our own little way, can help get Expando the exposure it deserves.
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm covering that here. Already emailed my request to WAOR in South Bend but to no avail. Anyways, I haven't heard it yet or gotten a response. Of course they are probably still mad at me because of the whole "book" thing on Timothy's birthday. When I got home from my surgery that day, I emailed them to set them straight that it wasn't a book but a cd he had just released. I have also emailed them about a couple other things like why they always play the same Eagles tunes and nothing off of LROOE or something other than HC, PEF or TIE. They might be getting a bit sick of me and not even looking at my emails now.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Keep up the good work Willie! And you have inspired me to get off of my butt and do something.
    ~ Cathy ~