View Poll Results: Should the Eagles let people up to the stage during shows?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, without qualification. It makes things more exciting!

7 30.43%
  • Yes, but only for the encore.

4 17.39%
  • Yes, but only the first couple rows (maybe the first few).

5 21.74%
  • No. It's a madhouse and unfair to the people sitting at the front.

7 30.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Letting People Up to the Stage

Default Re: Letting People Up to the Stage

LOL....what a can of worms this poll could open <LOL>. Personally, I think people should be allowed up on stage with them...maybe even jam with them!

Not really. Joking understood, I hope OBVIOUSLY.

If there is plenty of room between the front row and the stage and if it's high enough, I don't have a problem at all in security letting a few people at a time get up to the stage but really, they shouldn't stay there that long before moving out and letting another batch get up there. I know that it can interfere with the view of those in the front rows. Don't think the front row folks should be allowed up there to the exclusion of everyone else though....they have ringside seats throughout the show.

I gave it a checkmark for encore. Everything is pretty much a madhouse then anyway...everyone on their feet. Let 'em cut loose.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm short, so someone who is only 5'4" would block my view. If I paid for front row, I better BE front row... not behind a bunch of people crowding the stage. Somehow, I usually end up behind the guy who is 6'3".

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I'm short, so someone who is only 5'4" would block my view. If I paid for front row, I better BE front row... not behind a bunch of people crowding the stage. Somehow, I usually end up behind the guy who is 6'3".
    I understand! I helped "balance" a lady who had to stand on her chair and Verna and I were in the THIRD row!

But I also understand the frustrations of folks in the nosebleed seats who either couldn't afford front row tickets or who had the money but couldn't get them.

Like I said, this "poll" is opening a can of worms because there are so many valid arguments from both extremes of the issue.....and probably those in the middle too <LOL>

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

The problem with being right up front is every show you attend after that, no matter how "good" your seats may be will seem sucky by comparison.

I now suffer from this phenomenon.

Border Desperado

I think if you wanna be on stage... go join a band.

earn it.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Quote Originally Posted by bernie's bender View Post
    I think if you wanna be on stage... go join a band.

earn it.

Nothing wrong with fans joining in with the band. Reminds me of the song Join Together by The Who

Border Desperado

in the old days it was against union rules to let folks up.

I've had more than a few encounters with people wanting to get up and 'sing' with the band or want to pick up instruments and 'play'....

it may be cool for some but it is usually a giant hassle with folks who are inebriated.... I've known several guys who have had instruments broken by 'fans' who came up...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpTGuCn0Mr8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpTGuCn0Mr8[/ame]

This has happened to a guy in our band a couple of times since we've been together.... Bands like the Eagles have great security, but what happens when it gets out of hand?

I think there might be a bit of confusion here. I meant go up to the stage as in stand in the area in between the stage and the front row, at the feet of the performers - not get ON the stage.

Like what you see here:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think there might be a bit of confusion here. I meant go up to the stage as in stand in the area in between the stage and the front row, at the feet of the performers - not get ON the stage.

Like what you see here:

Ahhh, sorry, I'm a bonehead! When I read this thread, I thought "Henley lets people on stage!????"

I kinda hate reserved seating for shows. I wish it was all kinda Fillmore style or like the old swing auditorium. The doors open, you walk in and you stand or sit as you choose... no seats though.

If it is a club, it doesn't matter... if it is a stadium, it kinda doesn't matter either.... but, the 'fancy' theater where everyone just sits and listens like it is chamber music or something... I like rock'n'roll where folks get up and boogie and dance and sway....

but, I can respect that folks have other opinions... I can remember when concert tickets were affordable for everyone and there weren't the super expensive seats in the orchestra.... I guess if I spent a couple hundred bucks to sit close... I wouldn't be thrilled about 'squatters'.... but, I miss the lack of a 'class struggle' at a concert.... it is too bad that there are the haves and have nots in rock'n'roll..... oh well.. times they have a changed.

I can't believe I just voted no. But times have changed. I too remember going to concerts that had no floor seating. You went down there and stood through the whole thing. It was great!

But to pay half a mortgage payment to see the Eagles up close - I don't want anyone in front of me if I can help it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.