View Poll Results: Should the Eagles let people up to the stage during shows?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, without qualification. It makes things more exciting!

7 30.43%
  • Yes, but only for the encore.

4 17.39%
  • Yes, but only the first couple rows (maybe the first few).

5 21.74%
  • No. It's a madhouse and unfair to the people sitting at the front.

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letting People Up to the Stage

Default Letting People Up to the Stage

We know that the Eagles as a rule don't let people up to the stage, but I believe they did in some shows overseas.

The guys solo may or may not let folks up to the stage, depending on various factors which are a bit unclear. I'm unsure how much control they have over that.

Do you think it's a good idea or bad idea to let people up to the stage?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Letting People Up to the Stage

I voted for 'the first couple of rows' because that is what I'm used to in Australia. It doesn't bother me that much.

I voted for Yes all the way around. It might be fun

At Fleetwood Mac concerts, the usually let up the first four rows... and really amps the energy up! No matter what was happening behind us, the people at the stage were getting into it. I vote yes!

Perhaps limiting it to a few rows is best in a large arena, but in a smaller venue where it won't be crazy at the stage, I say let anyone on the floor come up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I had to vote 'Yes, but only the first couple rows (maybe the first few)' . I guess that option is the closest to how I feel even though I definitely do not think it is fair to only let up the first couple of rows. I think if they are going to allow it, they should at least let the first 5 -10 rows go up.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

If they let any and everyone up to the stage, it would horrible! People would seriouly be getting hurt. The pushing and shoving to get a spot ... only to obstruct those who paid handsomely to sit in the first few rows.

I would probably be okay w/the first few rows... but to keep the peace, I'd like everyone to stay in their own seats.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Believe it or not, but I voted for no also. Even tho I'm all about standing and having a good time at a concert, there just seems to be something wrong about fans at the stage. I guess if the stage is high enough so that it doesn't block others view it would be ok for the first few row. I would be totally ticked off if I had a 4th row ticket and still couldn't see the band even while standing.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TBF - from my experiences, it is usually always the case that the stage is high enough so that even with a fairly large number of people there, it doesn't block the view of those sitting in the front rows. The only time I see it as a problem is if there are so many people let up that they begin to 'crush' the people sitting in the front row. I believe you have to give them their space, and that is why I didn't vote for option 1 in the poll. I mentioned over in the Reminiscing thread about getting let up to the front of the stage at the Sacramento show. There was plenty of space and I was very careful to ensure that we were in no way interfering with the people in the front row. If we had been, I would not have stayed their out of respect for them.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This one is pretty hard for me. I voted for the first few rows.

I think it's fine as long as they don't hinder anyone's view. But I also don't think it's fair when you got first or second row seats and people can get in front of you. There's a contradiction! I guess as long as first row people can still see, it's ok.

I remember at the Keith Urban concert I went to I had a 3rd row seat and there were so many people packed in front of first row, those people couldn't even sit in their seats! It was a madhouse! I was also close to the runway down the middle and people would actually try to push by you to get to it! From what I hear, Keith likes this and his concerts are always like that, but people need to at least be respectful.

At a John Fogerty concert we went to we had first row center tickets and before the show started security told us that they would be letting people come up to the stage after the first couple songs, so if we wanted to be up front, we would have to stand too. We stood! But, the stage was high and we didn't block anyone's view.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I voted yes.