Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Eagles Trivial Pursuit

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Trivial Pursuit

It worked well as it was - in the spirit of the orignial TP. To me it stands to reason that if you 'win' a colour then you can't answer any more questions in that colour. The problem I had was the time difference - by the time I saw the questions many of them had already been answered.

In answer to ABM's post my vinyl copy of Eagles Live also has this inscription: 'From the Polack who sailed north' which I assume is a reference to Bill Szymczyk. I think I have that instead of 'not tonight thanks'.

It worked well as it was - in the spirit of the orignial TP. To me it stands to reason that if you 'win' a colour then you can't answer any more questions in that colour. The problem I had was the time difference - by the time I saw the questions many of them had already been answered
    I agree with FP about only answering one question per round. However, a couple of times when I went to answer, the questions had been answered too. I imagine that happened for people in all time zones. I thought that that was the idea, having them posted at different times so it would be fair to all.

I wouldn't have any problem with the answers being posted & the wedges being awarded once all the questions have been answered correctly. The next round could be posted at any time that Soda thinks is fair to all. Anyway, I enjoyed it as it was, so whatever is decided is OK with me. I also think that a combination of moderate to difficult questions works well, although questions about your favourite Eagle may be easy for you while those about the other 3 may seem more challenging, ie, I found most of the questions about Glenn fairly easy while some of the questions about the others were more difficult for me.

Been thinking about "what could we do better/different" and I'd have to say NOTHING. The rules, as they were set forth, were true to the original game...and leaving it with one card per round allows the game to go on for a longer period of time.

Again, good show...the time zone thing didn't really affect me, but we do have a lot of international members. Maybe next time postings of questions could be shifted to allow them a better chance.
    You better put it all behind you baby, ‘cause life goes on,
    You keep carryin’ that anger, it’ll eat you up inside…
    Heart of the Matter

WTG Cathy! Congrats on your win

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In answer to ABM's post my vinyl copy of Eagles Live also has this inscription: 'From the Polack who sailed north' which I assume is a reference to Bill Szymczyk. I think I have that instead of 'not tonight thanks'.
    Julie, I think you might be referring to what I added about the original pressings? I changed my avi because our avatars were very similar so thus the confusion perhaps. Is that inscription on the carry-out grooves? I didn't see that inscription mentioned but sounds like you might have an original pressing then. Is their an inscription on each side of the albums?
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 10-24-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

My apologies, Willie. I think everyone will be even more confused as I've jumped on the Tim bandwagon for his birthday!

Believe it or not I no longer have my vinyl copy of Eagles Live but yes, there were four inscriptions on the carry out grooves. In any case, the 'Polack' inscription turns out to be on my vinyl copy of The Long Run.

And a very beautiful avi it is Julie!!

What a shame about the album. I will be on the lookout from now on for an original pressing at every record show, store or flea market I find albums at.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glad you liked the game, guys! Maybe we could do more of these!

So, in that spirit, do we have any feedback? Anything you think might work better to make the game more fun?

For instance, were the questions too easy or too hard?

Should we allow more people to answer, maybe have two cards per round?

Should we allow people who have already gotten a certain color piece to answer that color again?

Should we make the rounds a different length - perhaps one day instead of two?

Any other feedback?
    My only concern during this game was that not many people were able to play a round. Therefore I probably would vote for having two cards per round. But I don't think it should be allowed for a person to win a wedge in a particular color and then answer that same color again. That keeps someone who needs that color from being able to answer it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    My only concern during this game was that not many people were able to play a round. Therefore I probably would vote for having two cards per round. But I don't think it should be allowed for a person to win a wedge in a particular color and then answer that same color again. That keeps someone who needs that color from being able to answer it.
    I like that PM. That's where strategy could really come into play toward the end of the game. You need a couple of wedges but someone else is down to only one wedge needed----do you answer for your wedge on one card or do you "block" the wedge on the other card to keep the game going longer and not let that person win. Clever!

I haven't had much internet time lately so i missed getting to take part in this game. I finally got to go back through this thread and read all of the questions. I was surprised about how many I actually knew. Hopefully i'll get to join in on the fun during the next go around of this game.

CONGRATULATIONS on your win, Cathy!!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."