Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we ever see Eagles Autobiographies ?

Out on the Border

Default Re: Will we ever see Eagles Autobiographies ?

i agree that the likelihood of some autobiographies seem dim, i would love it if they did one kind of like what Aerosmith did with their book "Walk This Way" where they start off with each of their childhood and then end up telling the story all together, and you get all of their perspectives side by side, and you would also have all the former eagles, and can bring in people who were around the band. now i know the possibility of this happening is never, but it would be cool if it could.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - the problem is that if one or more of the guys did decide to write an autobiography, I'm sure that they would hold back on sharing some of the most 'intriguing' stories about both their personal lives and the band. One of the things that disappointed me about Felder's book though was that he didn't share much stuff about the band that hadn't been written about before. While it may be interesting to hear the current members perspective on certain events, I would also want to learn something new. Still, something from the band like what Aerosmith did would, no doubt, be entertaining. I'm going to have to check out their book and read it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I can see it happening when everything is said and done and they don't have anything else to do. Maybe the ripe old age of 70 or 80 will bring one or two of them to do something like this. For some reason I do agree money to be a motivator but not because they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_For_Life View Post
    I can see it happening when everything is said and done and they don't have anything else to do. Maybe the ripe old age of 70 or 80 will bring one or two of them to do something like this. For some reason I do agree money to be a motivator but not because they need it.
    They do seem to use "money" to keep score don't they! However, I think that the things that would sell books would be the things that drew so much attention back when they were 20-somethings...maybe thirty-somethings. I have more respect for them now that they have...hmmm, I started to say "Matured", but I don't think that is the proper description. I think that them becoming more "Respectable" might be a better description. What they went through and indulged in 30 or 40 years ago is likely something that they would they would probably not want to do again, but that they wouldn't choose to repeat. And likely they would not particularly desire their children to mimic...not all of it anyway. And to glorify it in an autobiography might be too much of a motivation for their kids to attempt.

Just rambling here and trying to put myself in their shoes...something I have neither the experience to do nor the talent to attempt <LOL>

MikeA