Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Ted Kennedy

Default RIP Ted Kennedy

Ted Kennedy died at the age of 77 Tuesday night from brain cancer, poor guy. They're calling it "the end of Camelot" although I think that ended a long time ago. Still, it's sad to see the last of the Kennedy brothers go.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/p...t-77-1.1395079

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: RIP Ted Kennedy

Aw, very sad. RIP Ted.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I felt very sad when I read about Ted Kennedy's passing. I was around when JFK and RFK were assassinated, and I remember what a great support Ted was to both Jackie and Ethel. I do feel like it's the end of an era, and I am just grateful that Ted lived a long, fruitful life. May he rest in peace.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

The last of the Kennedy boys. It is very sad but he was the only one of the brothers who actually was able to live a long productive life and thank goodness for that.

Somebody mentioned this at work today. It's very sad.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado

That death brings the end of an Era, for the USA minimum.
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Sad news. The end of an era indeed.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

End of an Era? Possibly. Probably even. But not a completely void in the Dynasty of the Kennedys.

Patrick Joseph Kennedy, Ted's youngest son, is a congressman in Rhode Island. But as far as I could discern, Patrick is the only Kennedy who how holds Public Office.

Senator Kennedy did not have a pristine public image. In many ways, his "image" was on an equal level with that "enjoyed" (??) by Rock's Superstars. He certainly indulged in excesses though the magnitude of those adventures will probably never be made known.

I agreed with a lot that Kennedy threw his weight behind, and his political weight was surpassed pretty much ONLY by the residing President of the United States...and in some cases, I even question that the President outweighted Ted Kennedy!

I do applaud him for his opposition to the conflict in Vietnam and also his opposition to the violence in Iraq. His great support of the reform in the Health Industry including Insurance was monumental.

I'll remember him for all of those good things he accomplished. That his personal life was a shambles, well, the Kennedys seemed to be plagued with misfortune.

RIP

MikeA

Ted Kennedy had his good boy/bad boy sides but as a political figure he was a champion for those who really needed someone on their side. I lived and worked in the Boston area for nearly 20 years and it was not uncommon to see him around, always with a smile, always with time to speak to people. As I watched the news coverage today I was struck once again by the strength and courage of a family that has seen such great tragedy.

I am very familiar with the Cape, the South Shore and Boston proper, all of the areas where the motorcade traveled enroute to the Library. And while there are those who may have found the applause to be questionable and inappropriate, the people who lined the way were showing their deep respect, admiiration and appreciation for not only Ted, but for the entire Kennedy clan...for the sacrifices they've made and services they have dedicated their lives to.

Personally I feel that this entire nation has lost one of its greatest statesmen and believe he will be truly missed by both sides of the aisle in Washington. And there are plenty more Kennedy's to carry on...it's only a matter of time.

May he rest in eternal peace........
    I just need a little downtime.........

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well said everyone. I agree that Ted Kennedy ultimately became an immensely influential political statesman who will be really missed in Washington. He was one of the few political leaders these days who commanded respect and was able to reach across to both sides of the aisle and make a difference. He has been a strong advocate for health care reform for almost 5 decades and the passage a health care bill this year will be a fitting tribute to his legacy.

Not only has the Kennedy family lost their patriarch, but our entire nation has lost an irreplaceable public servant. May he rest in peace.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016