Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Remind You of Other Borderers

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Little Things That Remind You of Other Borderers

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Thought of all of you yesterday at the album show. As I go through albums, I'll see artist that you all like and think of each of you. But yesterday I bought 3 Dire Straits albums because of Julie. I had Brothers In Arms but didn't have any others and for $1 a piece, I thought I've go to get these and check them out since Julie likes hem so much.

Huh? What?!!! It's funny but I was wondering when someone was going to be 'reminded of me' because of Dire Straits.

Which albums did you buy and what do you think, Willie?! There are only six.... get the other two as well!

And how can you go wrong for a dollar!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yup -$1-I kinda figured I couldn't go wrong there. (I actually picked up Soul Searchin' for $1 also. Only had it on cd previously).

Julie--I bought Dire Straits, Communique & Making Movies. Haven't had a chance to hear them yet. I've heard their 1st, Dire Straits, is a really good one. In fact, the dealer I bought them from heard Larry and I talking...I was telling Larry about how much Julie loves them so thought I should buy some. The vendor piped up and said to start with their 1st, Dire Straits, because it's their best in his opinion. Then I thought for a $1, I'll take all three-duh!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Yup -$1-I kinda figured I couldn't go wrong there. (I actually picked up Soul Searchin' for $1 also. Only had it on cd previously).

Julie--I bought Dire Straits, Communique & Making Movies. Haven't had a chance to hear them yet. I've heard their 1st, Dire Straits, is a really good one. In fact, the dealer I bought them from heard Larry and I talking...I was telling Larry about how much Julie loves them so thought I should buy some. The vendor piped up and said to start with their 1st, Dire Straits, because it's their best in his opinion. Then I thought for a $1, I'll take all three-duh!
    You made the right decision because the ones you didn't get, Love Over Gold & On Every Street, are their two least convincing albums. Making Movies, however, is their absolute, total masterpiece. If you want to share more about this we have a Dire Straits thread....

Stuck on the Border

I thought of Nancy the other evening while watching "Dancing With the Stars". Ralph Macchio danced to "Stay Gold" from the movie "The Outsiders".

Nancy, isn't that one of your favorite movies, and partially where your name "Soda" comes from?
    [

Actually, no, but I'm glad you thought of me anyway!

I got "Soda" from the fact that I used to be completely addicted to Coca-Cola. Now I'm completed addicted to Coke Zero. Gotta have it EVERY DAY or I get the shakes.

You're probably thinking of where I got "Scout" from - it was the movie To Kill a Mockingbird.

Still, like I said, it's good to be remembered!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Love 'To Kill A Mockingbird' in book and film form. Read it so many times and worn out a video of it. Need to get a DVD of it.
    Melanie

I was recently discussing baby names with my brother, Will, and SIL, Valerie. Will mentioned that he was a bit bummed out that the baby can't be named after him since they're having a girl and Valerie said "How about Willa?" Will didn't like that name but suggested we could name her Willie. I had to smile when he said that and I told them I've got a friend named Willett but we call her Willie.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

And actually Willie was the name of one of my Dad's Marine Corp buddy's MOTHER but my Mom didn't want a daughter named Willie so came up with Willett tho Dad swore he'd call me Willie and not Willett. So there---it was actually a woman's name anyways.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I was watching some "paid commercial programming" late last night. You know. The programming that goes on for an hour with clips & testimonials about the one product that they are selling. Anyway, I was on my way to bed, but the subject caught my interest. A set of DVDs of the Midnight Special from the early seventies was being promoted. One of the (very short) clips that they showed was The Cars. Of course, I immediately thought of Willie!

By the way. I wouldn't mind having the set. It includes performances by Fleetwood Mac, The BeeGees, Elton John, Lily Thomlin & many others. No Eagles though.