Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What now?

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: What now?

The band rarely frequents my neck of the woods (and never, ever solo), but I always found comfort knowing they were out there doing something. I always get nervous when they or Neil Young disappear for any length of time. I fear they'll pull a Bob Seger... an entirely justified concern, I believe. Though he did return eventually, long stretches of seclusion are agony for fans. One could argue that we should "get a life" but, you know, we could be junkies or drunks or general social terrors.

I suppose I ought to snip the ramble before it wanders off into the Dali territory of random association. Is your clock melting?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Is anyone else feeling this way? Granted, I have been super busy and haven't had much time to dwell on it, but I'm still going thru such withdrawls with nothing new to see every so often. Tim's sight still hasn't been updated, in fact, now all I get is a blank red screen and no new dates, Eagles or solo. Just depressing! Just thought I would commiserate here with anyone else that might be feeling the same.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Awww Willie, I understand how you feel. I think we are all doing a commendable job here on the board finding things to talk about and playing games to pass the time. This is the way I look at it; Glenn, Don, Timothy and Joe are all sixty plus in age and they have been playing a pretty grueling schedule for months and months. As hungry as I am for more tour dates, I am relieved for them that they are taking this time to kick back. I worry about their health and want them to be rested and in good shape. Just think about how it must have been on the board before LROOE was released! We'll get through it...together.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Yeah, we're keepin' busy! But it's understandable that you want more when you've become accustomed to it. Daily tour news is fun! At least we know this is only a hiatus and there still will be more to come.

PM's right, there have been downtimes before! However, I admit it wasn't so bad before LROOE was released in the sense that they were still doing shows - the end of the F1 tour in the spring of 2006, then a few solo shows in the summer like Glenn's "Prelude to Obscurity" dates, and by fall we had news of the album to keep up the frenzy.

While taking some time off now and then, the guys have been keepin' it goin' for pretty much a decade, starting with the Millennium shows in late 1999/2000! Amazing if you think about it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

TBF, I'm with you! While I can totally appreciate that the guys need time off to rest... I still miss hearing something from them. You know, if they listed some new dates, at least we'd look towards the horizon. With nothing, it's just lonely.

I know they aren't done yet, but as fans, it's natural to want more all the time. We know we can't get it, but we can want it.

If they had personal websites and just listed something stupid like, "took out the trash", we'd all be so excited! How pathetic is that? LOL

Maybe the guys should get Twitter accounts!

Don: "Got yelled at for leaving cap off of freaking toothpaste. Told to take garbage out."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

heheh Soda.. Joe's one and only Twitter post "How ya doin?"

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Maybe the guys should get Twitter accounts!

Don: "Got yelled at for leaving cap off of freaking toothpaste. Told to take garbage out."
    LOL - Love it! You know though, we would be hanging on every single word!

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    heheh Soda.. Joe's one and only Twitter post "How ya doin?"
    I was thinking about this too, after LTL's post.

Joe's would be, like,

"Bowled a few frames."
    "Cleaned out the garage."
    "Worked in the yard."
    "Picked up the dog doo.(It wasn't hard!")
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks guys--I need that smile these last few posts just put on my face. To funny!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low