Page 26 of 175 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles YouTube videos

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    If you watch a lot of videos, download them in mpg or avi format, you might want to get something called K-lite codex. It's a pretty cool little set of codex that sit on your drive and only come up in the tray when you run an avi or mpg or other video file. It comes with a great player called Classic Media Player and I have found that if I download a video and it wont run or the video runs with no sound or vice versa, this fixed all that.
    Im not sure what all codex do, but Cliffy discovered this lil app and like I said, it fixed all the problems!

K-lite from filehippo.com

It's non-invasive and easy to install

HUH?!?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

hehehe sorry Willy, I guess I should have explained myself better. I down load a lot of movies and tv shows and music videos in avi or mpg format (for example maybe how_long.avi) and sometimes they wouldnt run on my computer or there would be no sound or there would be sound but no picture. I downloaded k-lite codex package and it fixed all of those problems.
    If you, or anyone else downloads videos to watch on your computer and you find you are having some issues like this, K-lite might help. Media Player Classic is the video viewer that comes with the K-lite codex package. It's all free.
    Hope that explains it.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ticky -I am computer stupid! To be honest I don't know how to download a video. I finally learned how to record music from YouTube thanks to Freecorder someone here turned me onto (I believe it was dreamer). And remember, I was the one that you had to explain "print screen" to, but look how far I have come with that!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Im a self taught computer nerd and proud of it *G* but dont worry bout it then, cuz it's just for people like me who raid the usenet. and.. there's no way I can explain the usenet. It's an entity unto itself. suffice to say you get stuff there. *G* like videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    HOLY CRAP.

I looked at the Frey Fever screen caps before I watched that. That was just beyond stunning.

As for the LROOE clip, if that is what it's like live, I cannot wait. That was the most awesome, moving thing I've ever seen. When Don and Glenn turned to each other and sang together - that is what it's all about.
    I take it you were quite impressed, Fp?

GL, thanks for the links to those excellent California Jam videos. It's a wonder the boys didn't get distracted by those girls dancing at the front! The Jackson one is great too.

Ticky, thanks for the technical stuff. Would these codex let me convert videos to a format my ipod could play?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Sorry GEF, they're strictly for playing videos on your computer. They dont convert or change the files in any way, they just make them play on your computer.

Thanks for the quick reply, ticky. I may have to bite the bullet and pay for a programme!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Here's another one. James Dean from California Jam 1974 with Jackson on piano. No Don Felder. There are also clips of Already Gone, TIE & Midnight Flyer, listed in the "Related Videos", from the same performance. I had only seen the TIE one before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwWcL...eature=related
    I finally got time to watch these, GL. They are great! Thanks!

Randy gets my best hair vote in the JD one! He's just so cute there. Shallow, I know! And Glenn is really struttin' his stuff!

Where in the world do these people come up with these after all these years? I'm amazed!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I finally got to watch the Lyin' Eyes one, too. Glenn is just gorgeous!

I agree, Fp!

HOLY CRAP!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

ETA: I think Don must have borrowed one of Glenn's shirts! You can see him in the background during Midnight Flyer (you'll see what I mean)! Just fast foward past the 2 and a half minutes of some guys skydiving.
    Soda, did you notice, on the opening footage of James Dean where you see them walking to the stage-Don's shirt actually says "Henley"? So it is his shirt after all. Is this a one time only thing for Don? Also, he chose the lucky number 13.