Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do your "favorite" Eagles songs change.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: How often do your "favorite" Eagles songs change.

Because when you are listing songs the assumption is that you are listing the studio versions, sung by Don and Randy. At the moment I prefer all the other songs I listed to the studio versions of those two songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What a great topic!

At the moment my approximate top 20 is:

1. Hotel California
    FP, are you saying that your all time favorite is HC? For some reason that surprises me.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Yes, it's HC, and why does that surprise you, PM?

(It has had some stiff competition recently though).

"Take It To The Limit" has been my favorite Eagles song since I started hearing it on the radio. Before that, it was "Best of My Love" and "One of These Nights."

About as often as my mood changes is how often my favorite Eagle song changes. Basically whatever song I'm hearing is my favorite.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I've mentioned in another thread that I could do without Desperado too. It's only been this past winter that I actually learned all the lyrics to it, because I never listened to it! I didn't connect w/it at all.

I guess I should say always amongst my favorites are:

TIE, PEF, Lyin' Eyes, Wasted Time - even if I don't listen to them consistanly... they are classics and I never tire of them.

Honorable mentions to After the Thrill is Gone, Those Shoes and I Can't Tell You Why.

Guess it would be easier to say my favorite off of each album. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes, it's HC, and why does that surprise you, PM?

(It has had some stiff competition recently though).
    Maybe it's not a fair assessment, but whenever you post a favorites list your top faves seem to be more obscure. HC is anything but obscure! Don't misunderstand - I think it's a fine choice! It's my favorite song to hear live.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

My top favorites don't change, but once you get past oh the top five or so the order of the rest often changes, but they don't drop off completely.

My all-time favorite Eagles song and one of my favorite songs of ANY band is, as Freypower said:

Take It to the Limit.

I just find this song so powerful, well-crafted from its melodies to its harmonies, the way it builds, the way it just hits you with that kicker "TAKE IT to the limit ONE MORE TIME..." and here we go again.... I've called it "cinematic" before and I still think it's a word that applies well to its climactic nature. If I hear it at the right time it gives me chills. As far as Glenn vs. Randy - I am so thrilled Glenn reworked this song so that he could sing it live. Look at how the audience responds to it in concert. It's a different animal now, and I do prefer it electric, but it still gives me those chills. I hope they never drop it.

Now for the rest...

Some favorites are Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Best of My Love, Pretty Maids All in a Row, Heartache Tonight, Ol' 55, Seven Bridges Road, Those Shoes, Already Gone, Waiting in the Weeds, What Do I Do with My Heart, My Man, How Long.

Other favorites are Out of Control, Tequila Sunrise, Good Day in Hell, New Kid in Town, Midnight Flyer, Hotel California, Victim of Love, Saturday Night, Desperado, Lyin' Eyes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My alltime favorite Eagles song, as I've said many times before, is still Take It Easy. It just always brings a smile to my face and makes me feel good. It will never change. It's been too long.

As for other favorites, they are usually pretty much the same: Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Woman, Take It To The Limit, Desperado, Hotel California, Seven Bridges Road, One Of These Nights, Already Gone, Best Of My Love, Victim Of Love, Lyin' Eyes, Good Day In Hell, Out Of Control, Waiting In The Weeds, Wasted Time, How Long, New Kid In Town. Have I named all of them yet? Edited to add: No! I forgot Tequila Sunrise, Get Over It, and Somebody!

It's really hard to leave many out. I love most all of their tunes and rarely skip one if I'm playing an album. (Journey of the S, Visions, and Teenage Jail might get skipped. The others don't!) That's just me; diehard Eagles fan that loves most all of their work, no matter what!
    Last edited by Brooke; 07-09-2009 at 10:24 AM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Journey of the S, Visions, and Teenage Jail might get skipped. The others don't!)
    I suppose you're one of those (not mentioning any names -soda)that also skips Disco Strangler?
    He sings it high, he plays it low