Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How often do your "favorite" Eagles songs change.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: How often do your "favorite" Eagles songs change.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Maybe it's not a fair assessment, but whenever you post a favorites list your top faves seem to be more obscure. HC is anything but obscure! Don't misunderstand - I think it's a fine choice! It's my favorite song to hear live.
    It depends which 'favourites' list you're talking about. Perhaps my Dire Straits one (although I haven't actually posted that anywhere on this board and like the Eagles one it changes a lot).

I left out Get Over It and Somebody from my Top 20. They should both be there, which means I would remove Out Of Control and probably One Of These Nights.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I suppose you're one of those (not mentioning any names -soda)that also skips Disco Strangler?
    Now, TBF, did I say that?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

NEVER.........they're ALL my favorite!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I suppose you're one of those (not mentioning any names -soda)that also skips Disco Strangler?
    lol, I am not ashamed to declare that I listen to that song only under duress!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Desperado will always and forever be my favorite song of all time. The lyrics are brilliant and Don sings it with such passion (especially live). It gives me chills everytime I hear it.

I always have my favorites of the moment that tend to change every week or so. I'll listen to one song over and over till I hear a different one that strikes me at the moment. Last week it was Take It Easy and this week I've been listening to Long Road Out of Eden a lot. I just love the guitar solo in that song.

I don't remember if i've mentioned before that the first Eagles song that I really liked and listened to over and over was Love Will Keep Us Alive. I was only 10 when HFO came out and although my mom played their music while I was growing up, HFO was really the first time for me to learn their songs.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

these songs will never fall out of favor with me:

Take It Easy
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Most Of Us Are Sad
    Train Leaves Here This Morning
    Twenty-One
    Doolin-Dalton(instrumental)
    Doolin-Dalton(reprise)
    Desperado(reprise)
    Is It True
    Best Of My Love
    One Of These Nights
    Take It To The Limit
    Try And Love Again
    I Can't Tell You Why
    In The City
    Seven Bridges Road

I can't say I have a favourite Eagles track, but there are some that I never tire of. For example:

The Long Run
    Wasted Time
    The Last Resort
    One Of These Nights
    Lyin' Eyes
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    New Kid In Town
    Seven Bridges Road
    King Of Hollywood
    Take It To The Limit
    Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise
    Pretty Maids All In A Row

A lot of my above 'favourites' are rooted in the fact that they turned me on to the Eagles. As I've mentioned before, Wasted Time and The Last Resort on HFO completely got me. That's where it alllll started

I do occasionally skip the likes of Hotel California, Take It Easy and Life In The Fast Lane - not because I dislike them, but because I've heard them so much. Hearing them live really does increase one's appreciation for these kind of songs though. I fully accept that Take It Easy and Hotel California are emblematic of the Eagles for so many people. They both have a great impact live, and the last couple of minutes of Hotel California are incredible!

LROOE and Waiting In The Weeds have joined the league of my favourite Eagles songs, too. They are true masterpieces, and they are out of this world live. Then, I have phases. Some of the songs I'm especially 'into' at the moment - probably thanks to the Birmingham concert - are Lyin' Eyes, TITTL, LROOE, Somebody & GOTC.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

oh gosh....my favorite Eagles song changes all the time.....but I could do like FP and give you a rough estimate of what the top 20 fav.'s are. The top one might change from time to time but it's always going to be in the top 20. But if I had to tell you the ones that most often battle it out for THE favorite spot....it would be between

Hotel California (there's just something about it. When I listen to the song, I feel like I'm witnessing greatness all over again)
    Life in the Fast Lane (Oh how I love to crank it up and roll down the windows!)
    Desperado (SO gorgeous!)
    Waiting In The Weeds (see above )
    The Long Run (impossible for me not to sing along with. One of my fav.'s live)
    I Can't Tell You Why (One of my fav.'s just listen to in the morning 'cause it's soothing)
    Take It To The Limit (I get goosebumps everytime I listen to the live cd and hear Randy's high note at the end)
    Take It Easy (who doesn't sing along with this song?)
    Long Road Out Of Eden (I just love the moodiness of it)

seriously.....see what I mean? I could go on and on! There's probably even more that I'm forgetting! LOL

I couldn't even easily tell you which solo song is my favorite of the guys! Don's is the closest to being one individual favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    A lot of my above 'favourites' are rooted in the fact that they turned me on to the Eagles. As I've mentioned before, Wasted Time and The Last Resort on HFO completely got me. That's where it alllll started
    It's a bit like that for me.

Those songs are definitely among my top favourites. I listened to HFO and HC as a kid, on the radio and on vinyl (in the mid 90s).

I remember my dad saying he thought HC was the best of their albums.
    Since then I heard the others, and agree.

So my favourites are pretty much the same, although a few I've discovered since are great too.

Lately I really like 'Center of the Universe', just to name one recent addition to my list.

I think Center of the Universe is lovely, too, HC80. Great harmony.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten