Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire
I'd like to know why it wasn't a success, but assume it was a matter of timing and promotion. I know he went out on the road to promote it but the tour didn't sell well and he added Joe. He also appeared on tv shows. Part of the problem may have been image - his look was more cabaret than rock - and being in his forties in a business that valued youth.
After all the good will rock stars received for Band Aid and Live Aid in the mid eighties, the press were starting to turn on the rock superstars that seemed to do very well financially out of their globally publicised 80s charitable work.

Phil Collins was just awesome in the 80s, he couldn't put a foot wrong but by 1989 he was answering criticism for monster hit, Another Day In Paradise. How could he write a song about being homeless?

A year or two later, Glenn's firsts Strange Weather single, I've Got Mine hits the same territory. Back catalogs are becoming more interesting than new material, MTV has turned the music industry into a visual medium.

Strange Weather came out at a bad time. It's an album I enjoyed listening to though.