Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, eaglesvet!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Happy Birthday, eaglesvet!

Happy Birthday, Eva. Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful day surrounded by your loved ones. And if you get a free moment alone, maybe you can sneak a peek at this to bring you some happy feelings!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Happy Birthday, eaglesvet!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    I hope you a very nice day!

"For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Happy Birthday, Eva! I hope the weather has been kind to you today and that you're having a wonderful day with your family, full of laughter and good spirit(s)! Have fun.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Happy Birthday Eva!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Happy Birthday, Eva!

Have a great day, EV!!!!!!! Glenn is singing Happy Birthday to you!
    Last edited by GlennLover; 08-12-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Eva, I hope you're having a wonderful day!!! to you and may there be many more to celebrate in the future.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Glenn is preparing himself to give you a big Birthday kiss

He's also got a song prepared especially for you.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Happy Birthday Evie!

Have a wonderful day with all you family and friends.

Hope its hot where you are. This guy wants you to go for a dip with him!

Maybe a game of Golf afterwards?

Then as we'll have worked up an appetite, definitely dinner.

Finally..........

Have a good one!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh, wow, thanks everyone! It's too cool, getting this many birthday wishes from all over the world....that's never happened to me before! What a great perk of joining The Border! I actually was able to view all my lovely Glenn gifts earlier tonight while "watching TV" with my family...good thing they were paying more attention to the show than to me, because they would've seen my grin get bigger and goofier as your wishes got more suggestive, thank you very much!

Well, I had the most unexpected but delightful change of plans today. Initiallly--- since I was sharing my b'day with the local circle of fathers in my life (my hubby Tom, his dad, his brother, and the husbands of 3 of his sisters)---the plan was for a pool party at my sister-in-law's house for the entire clan, including 14 grandchildren. The only problem with that plan was the weather...it has been rainy and cool here more days than not, and today looked to be no exception. So, rather than move the party indoors, Bette surprisingly cancelled the event altogether. That allowed me to make a Plan B without stepping on any in-law toes...and luckily, Tom, Ethan, and Graham were all up for spontaneity (for a change.)

We really changed gears completely, and went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex in NYC!! It's been open since Nov. 2008, and in May of this year Yoko Ono created a feature exhibit on John Lennon's New York City years that is the main draw there now. Anyway, having never been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, this was our family's first experience in a museum of this sort...and we were all suitably impressed. It was fabulous! I can only imagine what the main Hall is like, given that it must be oodles larger. Anyway, I will write a bit more about our experience at the Annex later--I think there may be a thread for "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" elsewhere; if not, I will start one.

After touring the Annex, we had a great pizza dinner at Lombardi's followed by dessert (gelato and pastries) at Ferraro's, both famous spots in Little Italy. (Lombardi's is considered the birthplace of New York style pizza, while Ferraro's is touted as being America's oldest bakery...well at least one of the branches must be, although it can't be the one we went to.) My kids were aware enough during this visit in the city to be interested in the differences between Soho and Noho, Chinatown and Little Italy...all of which we explored by the time we hiked to and from the car to the Annex and the 2 restaurants. So, that made it an even more interesting experience, being able to point out the geography/culture of those areas to them as we walked through. All in all, a great, totally spontaneous day (which rarely happens in our lives...or, dare I say it, at my age )...and it actually hardly rained at all! Still beats the pool party, which we have the rest of the summer to do! Oh, yeah, Happy First Day of Summer! (The other reason I have always loved my birthday date!!!)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...