Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vienna, Austria 10-06-2009

Default Re: Vienna, Austria 10-06-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't understand why so few of these people film Glenn's vocals.

As for RMW being played AFTER TIE that is a huge change. It has always been the case that the two lead singers of the band sang the last two songs. I cannot understand why this has suddenly been changed. The more I think about it the more bemused I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Perhaps, but the ones she uploaded were sung by every other member of the band
    FP, would you like a little cheese with that whine!

Tessa, so glad you had a good time and got a wave from Don. Details please: Where were you when you waved at him? Were you walking in front of the stage? Where was your seat? In the videos it looks like everybody on the floor is standing all of the time. Are there no seats down there?

The person who shot the vids did a good job considering where she was. She was able to show the stage and the screen at the same time. For some reason, everytime a cheer welled up from the crowd I got a little misty. Knowing that this audience in Vienna is appreciating the same music I was cheering just a few months ago makes me feel like this really is a small world after all!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 06-11-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    One last thing--I have to ask---Who wants to have a little "hose play" with Joe---Anyone?
    Okay Ticky you bring the hose and I'll bring the fireman's helmuts...
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Okay Ticky you bring the hose and I'll bring the fireman's helmuts...
    Someone alert the authorities - PLEASE!!!

Tessa - thanks for the great review, and I know exactly how thrilled you feel about getting Don's attention. Anyone who has experienced getting attention from an Eagle would understand.

I am sorry that the band keeps gradually dropping songs from the set list, especially Somebody - it rocks! I'm hoping it is temporary, but I'm doubtful. I remember saying this way back when we were speculating on what the LROOE tour set list would be, I said I would be happy with 28 songs (paired down from the 30 songs that we got at the beginning of F1). But in this leg of the tour, we are now getting just 26 or 27 songs. IMO, at the cost of an Eagles concert ticket, fans deserve a 3-hour show. Unless there is some other filler, I would think that 26 or 27 songs would only be about a 2 1/2 hour show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wonderful review Tessa! Cool that Don noticed you also! Sounds like a wonderful evening.

I am sorry to hear the shows are being shortened. I hope this doesn't continue.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm loving the LROOE video. I know you can't really see the guys, but the song sounds SO good! Awwww... I think I'm in PEW. Can I still get that two months later?

Stuck on the Border

I think the exclusion of Somebody is only temporary. Remember they also dropped BBF and brought it back. I think as long as Glenn appeared to have some voice problems he perhaps thought it should be dropped. I sincerely hope so, as if I ever see them again that is the song I am most looking forward to seeing along with LROOE itself.

PM, I liked the 'would you like cheese with that whine' comment. Quite appropriate. I can be a bit for no reason sometimes. to me.

Out on the Border

Love the video's

Border Desperado

My thanks to everyone for all the reviews and videos that have been shared. I saw them in March in Indianapolis and it was THE BEST SHOW EVER. I listen to a cd or watch my dvd's everyday;guess I'm obsessed with them. Loving Don more and more everyday. Even bought his Inside Job dvd. It's wonderful. Soon as I can I will post my review of the Indianapolis show. My seat was 6 rows on the floor by Joe" mic. I will check here each day. Keep up the great posts. FYI there is a 2 hour dvd I bought from Amazon that is just interviews; mostly Don and Glenn. This is a must for all fans.;cost is around $10.00. The Rolling Stone t-shirts at Walmart are pretty cool also;same price as above with a years subscription to the magazine.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I know. I'm so sorry! I couldn't resist!

I meant to say, I'm disappointed Somebody isn't on the setlist because, although I like it on the album, it still doesn't 'wow' me. I've been reassured my mind will be changed upon hearing it live... I hope I get the chance to see Glenn rocking that song on stage in Birmingham!
    You BET it'll wow you in Birmingham Troub. Its sensational live

Tessa thanks for a great review, and congrats on that little bit of Dontact
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Lisa, You've created another Eagleism, Dontact