Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bergen, Norway 6-1-09

Default Re: Bergen, Norway 6-1-09

The Beatles dropped their suits early in their career. The Eagles are well into their career - not a very good comparison.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post

Dang, I've been away for just a couple of days and I come back to all of this jawdropping hotness. I love this look for the guys. They all look amazing. The videos were great too. With the exception of hearing that guy sing, who i'm assuming is the person filming, I absolutely loved the Desperado video. I think the guys look very cool in their sunglasses, although I do agree that I'd rather see there eyes. I'd also like to add that the backwards hat looks so cute on Glenn.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

DANG! These are terrific pics! Thanks! I like these two the best:

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post

I'm confused as to who on the board here actually attended the concert.

Did they sound as good outdoors as they do in indoor venues? And, has anyone heard whether Glenn was having trouble with his voice for real or was that just some comment made by the author of the review posted here?

MikeA

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

WOW! Fabulous pics

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I'm confused as to who on the board here actually attended the concert.

Did they sound as good outdoors as they do in indoor venues? And, has anyone heard whether Glenn was having trouble with his voice for real or was that just some comment made by the author of the review posted here?
    Mike, as far as I know no one from the Border has been to these concerts. So far we only have the translated reviews to go by.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Did they sound as good outdoors as they do in indoor venues?
    Mike, I can only tell you that last year at the Hard Rock show, they sounded fantastic - just as well as the indoor shows I've attended.

I can't answer your question about Glenn's voice, but several reviewers mentioned that he has been struggling with it. Hopefully, if this is the case, he will be okay cause they have shows scheduled in Europe for the next two months.

Now as far as those pictures, they are incredible!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Did they sound as good outdoors as they do in indoor venues?
    I saw them outdoors too, Mike & the sound was great.

Today I foud those clips:
    unfortunately not the best quality

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQnZkOiCIyQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk4HKehe-RQ[/ame]
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I don't think this one has been posted yet.

http://eaglesfans.typepad.com/09tour...n-preview.html

Original Article (Contains great video footage from 1996.
    Translation:
    Monday is one of America's largest groups through times of Bergen and Bergen. The Eagles are behind the big seller "Hotel California", and gathering the album "The Eagles 1971-1975" has alone sold 29 million copies just in hjemandet.

The concert in Bergen was sold on spot, despite the fact that the group is known to be a little exciting live band. Nevertheless, the band can point to an incredible Hitparade. On Koengen get you guaranteed to hear "Take It Easy," "Desperado," "Witchy Woman," "How Long," "Hotel California" and Don Henley "Boys Of Summer."

- Is avhengive of each other
    Much has happened since Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Bernie Leadon (all 61) and Randy Meisner (63) met as backing musicians for Linda Ronstadt in 1971. The quartet had a contract with record mogul David Geffen and debuted on vinyl under the name The Eagles the following year.

Of these, the only Henley and Frey that is still with the group. The two are the undisputed heads of The Eagles, and has recently received his passport påskrevet in full disclosure of former guitarist Don Felder (61), in his autobiography "Heaven and hell: My life in the Eagles."

(Article continues below the image)

TO BERGEN: Timothy B. Schmit, Glenn Frey, Don Henley and Joe Walsh.

Scanpix / AP

- Don and Glenn is not John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Glenn was the figure. His great gift was that he discovered that the drummer both sang well and wrote better lyrics than him. Now they rely on each other and must struggle with each other as long as they want to milk The Eagles-name, "said Felder of The Times in connection with boklanseringen in 2007.

Said by empty beer over Frey
    Felder was taken into the group in 1974 by guitarist Bernie Leadon. The group had taken him in to help with the guitar on one song, but was so impressed that they asked him to become a permanent member of the band. But Leadon had other motives for hiring Felder.

Leadon was a sworn supporter of the group's early Countryrock, and ended up supporting and growing in disputes with Frey and Henley, who wished that The Eagles were to play a little harder and more conventional rock. By hiring the Felder as second guitarist, Leadon ensured that he could leave on short notice without the lame group.

Persona non grata: Don Felder talks now only with the other Eagles members through lawyers.

Photo: Matt Sayle / Scanpix / APBernie Leadon still held out until Christmas 1975, but then had to return, he received NOK as it did. Guitarist delivered as well in his dismissal by to pour a pint of beer over the head of Glenn Frey.

Bassist Randy Meisner ga him over a half years later, under more peaceful circumstances. Leadon and Meisner were replaced respectively by Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit.

3E-buttons to the ladies
    Although The Eagles purely musical in a completely different class than the party lions Led Zeppelin, Kiss and Rolling Stones, as they were not back for the hard rockerne the dame front.

- We were generally quite modest in our behavior. The only thing we in the gorge, were women, "said Don Felder of The Times.

In the book he describes how the band roadier had the task of picking out the finest ladies on the concert and equip them with an exclusive black-and-yellow 3E-button. 3E henspiller on the fact that The Eagles only played two extra numbers, and that these ladies were intended for the third - in your hotel room. To avoid embarrassing moments morning thereupon, was an entire fleet of cars outside the hotel ready to run out the ladies as the band members were done with them.

Dissolved on stage
    But a hard rockeliv touching. Following the success of "Hotel California", slet Frey, Henley, Felder, Schmidt and Walsh with the expected pressure. "The Long Road" took the full 18 months to record, and in the recording period was band members on each other nerves more than ever. After the launch plate, brought it right out on tour - which was even more bickering.

(Article continues below the image)

FULL HOUSE: 22,000 tickets sold for Monday's concert with The Eagles in Bergen.

Foto: Roy Hilmar Svendsen / Manager

Climactic came before, during and after a spillejobb in Long Beach, California 31. July 1980. Frey had the band's behalf declined to act on a concert for a U.S. senator, something Felder strongly disliked. Just before the concert was guitarist Skjelt out of Glenn Frey, who said Felder had been rude when he greeted the senator wife. On stage the two slang violently with shit to each other. According to Felder, it was so bad that lydfolkene turned down the sound to the microphone Frey to prevent the audience was with him all that was said.

- Only three more songs until I kick your ass, pal, be a message from the Frey have been. The answer from Felder should have been in the same category.

It was not håndgemeng after the concert. But Don Felder needed to get out aggression, and shattering the acoustic guitar to fill his pieces against the concrete floor - with sentoren, senator wife and Glenn Frey as spectators.

Snow in hell 14 years later
    Later the same year ga group out concert album "The Eagles Live", which was significantly embroider in the studio. The disc was mixed by Frey and Henley on each U.S. coast. The two argued that they do not orket to be in the same state, much less in the same studio. NOK significant for the situation: On the cover plate to thank the band five lawyers!

- It's going to snow in hell before we play together again, "said Henley at the same time.

Hence the album title "Hell Freeze Over" on the group's comeback album in 1994. The group has since remained fairly stable and toured periodically. The concerts have been very successful with extremely long setlister, with a total of over three hours, plus swine animal concert tickets. In 2007 they released the double album "Long Road Out Of Eden", without guitarist Felder, who was fired in 2001.

Guitarist responded by suing Don Henley and Glenn Frey, for alleged to have demanded a greater share of the group earned money than what was originally agreed. According to Felder shared group all five while Meisner and Leadon were members, but after they left the group, there were only three left to share the revenue on., While Walsh and Schmit was funded by the band. Felder claims that he demanded transparency in the accounts and refused to accept that Henley and Frey would earn more than him. The band claimed that it was bad chemistry, and that was discontented with Felder stake in the group, and that they therefore were in their full right to fire him. The parties came to an agreement outside of court in 2007.

Hard out against online rumors
    Are we to believe Don Henley, it's now reasonably well to the group. But gnisningene is there still.

- Ask any band if they are consistent and agree in everything all the time, and they will reply: Of course not. But we can get it to work so that all bands do. We have created The Eagles together, and it is altogether more important than any of us individually, "said Henley to CNN as the last disc came out.

You should also take this article with a solid pinch salt, one must believe one of the two Eagles-gudfedrene:

- All of this being written about kranglingen, the fighting and the noise in the band is crazy over powered. When we ask how people have it, the answer is: "From the Internet". As if the Internet would be the source of truth. It is about as reliable as the New York Post, "says Henley.

Most of the information in this article are taken from Allmusic.com, Wikipedia, The Times and CNN. So therefore, you are warned.

THIS Spilled The Eagle in Århus FRI. 29. May:

How Long, Busy Being Fabolous, Take it to the Limit, Hotel California, Peaceful Easy Feeling, I Can not Tell You Why, Witchy Woman, Lyin 'Eyes, One of these Nights, Walk Away, Boys of Summer, In the City , The Long Run, Life's Been Good, Dirty Laundry, Funk 49, Heartache Tonight, Life in the Fast Lane - OPTIONAL: Take it Easy, Desperado.
    He sings it high, he plays it low