Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Malmo, Sweden 5-29-09

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Malmo, Sweden 5-29-09

FP, I must say I am baffled that you found this review "scathing" about Glenn, but none of the others. My personal take on it is that the reviewer is clueless and most of the review is unflattering to the band as a whole. Just as one example, the "chipmunk" comment was made about the others, not Glenn. I think the reviewer's comment was something about PEF sounding like an aging Willie Nelson in the company of the Chipmunks. I didn't necessarily find it funny, but neither did I find it greatly disturbing. I just kinda rolled my eyes. I know there have been comments about Glenn struggling with his vocals recently, but I haven't read anything to suggest that he is having "serious vocal problems" that should give his fans cause for concern. In fact, until I hear something otherwise, I prefer to think that maybe he just has a minor, temporary cold or sinus infection.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Malmo, Sweden 5-29-09

We need to take it with a grain of sand. You almost need someone who speaks the specific language and is fluent in English to give you a fair translation. A lot of it sounds negative because it doesn't read in context when the computer is doing the translation work. I understand the frustration............
    I just need a little downtime.........