Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I don't know how many of Tim's fans agree with the 'best singer in the band' part. Everyone has different opinions & that includes reviewers.
    I don't think that Timothy has the best voice in the band. I do see it regularly written from reviewers and fans on social media. I think the main reason for that stated opinion is simply because people like him and are intrigued by him, and at Eagles shows they get such a very small glimpse of him as a singer - they want more. And, they like his two songs. Maybe he is the "favorite" voice for some, as opposed to technically the best. He doesn't carry the same baggage that Don and Glenn do as far as people disliking him or having a negative reputation (I don't know how else to say this, you know what I mean), and I think many people are always looking for a way to put down Don and Glenn, so they just say TBS sings better. These are the same people who think Joe and his solo songs are overexposed in Eagles' shows. If Timothy had to carry the same lead vocal load as Don, I don't know that people would say he has the best voice. I think he has an interesting voice that people like, but it's silly to put anyone up against Henley or Glenn on the original recordings that made the Eagles famous (and now). My two cents.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think that everything I just said above about Timothy applies similarly to Randy Meisner, for the exact same reasons.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 09-20-2014 at 08:38 PM.