Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dixie Chicks

Default Re: Dixie Chicks

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    As I said before, It's not your job to tell the performers what they can or cannot say.

For me it's not in what someone says it's how it's said that makes the difference for me in how I listen to the person talking. Someone shouting in my face,, I'm not listening to what's said but to the shouting,, some one comes to me and talks in normal tones,, then I can listen better. If that makes any sense to anyone.

However, whatever and however it's said does not mean I stop listening to the music.

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    First - I love the avi FP!! That's a great pic!

I guess I'm just the opposite here because I AM right wing - and I love the Eagles, even though, as much as I can tell, they are all left wingers (though Don is the most vocal)...I don't agree with him about 90% of the time...but I love the music. If I find the message in any given song "too much" for me, I just skip it.

I dunno why people reacted the way they did...I think we'd be hard pressed to come up with an exact reason...we are the land of the free and with everyone having the right to express his/her opinion, believing they are right and the other guy is wrong, well, it can get a little crazy out there...
    Same here! I am right wing too and I LOVE the guys.....ESPECIALLY Don. Whether I agree with him or not, I love the man's music. Like a few other people have said, I could care less if I agree with them or not. I just don't want to spend $200 a ticket to hear them rant and rave about politics. They can do interviews about it, they can write songs about it, they can hold a news conference, they can stand at the top of a mountain and shout it out to whoever listens.......I could care less. They certainly don't have to do what I would like, it's their job and their music and they control it. But like PM said.....it's my choice to buy or not buy their music, go or not go to their concerts. Would I do that solely because of their political opinions? No. But if they kept on and on and on about it or came across as rather insulting to anyone who didn't agree....then yeah it may influence my decision. Nobody else has to like it...it's my choice. Same as they could care less whether I like their political talk or not....that's a choice they make I guess.

Regardless, I'm so tired of all the left wing/right wing stuff. Yeah....we have differing opinions on politics. So what. Why does it always have to usually resort to insulting comments about one party or the other with most people? That's not saying it's happening here, just rather an observation on everyday life.

Oh well, I'm done now. I don't even know if any of this made any sense. I'm off to pay my online bills

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Regardless, I'm so tired of all the left wing/right wing stuff. Yeah....we have differing opinions on politics. So what. Why does it always have to usually resort to insulting comments about one party or the other with most people? That's not saying it's happening here, just rather an observation on everyday life.
    Amen, Sister!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

SO agree maleah and pm! In a perfect world our differences would balance us as a country - not tear us apart...I've never been a fan of one side or the other having full control...

OH that we would all just get along...I'm reminded of a song..."we thought we could change this world with words like love and freedom!" - If we wanna get outta the Sad Cafe, we gotta LIVE the love and protect the freedom not just talk about it...

Ok, that's my soapbox for today...just so you know, I love you all!

~Tonja~

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It's funny, I've never cared about artists political views and such. If I liked their music, it didn't matter to me what they thought about such and such.

Until the Dixie Chicks fiasco. That's the only time it ever mattered. I guess it was what she said and the way she said it and the fact she wouldn't let it die.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

I’m neither wing and dislike blind allegiance to anything, particularly a political party. I fundamentally disagreed with both what she said and the way Maines dealt with the fallout (it seemed like self-righteous teenage pouting). Regardless, as a country music enthusiast, I really, vehemently wish the Chicks would return. We’re drowning beneath the dual-pop assault of Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood and could really use their bluegrass twinges. They were a beacon in a time of Faith Hill and Shania Twain, releasing Home when they could have stayed the “Landslide” route and soared into the pop stratosphere. I do not particularly care for Maines and, to echo previously-expressed sentiments, could care less about the band’s political opinions, but I really miss the Chicks.

On that note, I’m off to listen to “Long Time Gone.”

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I wish the Chicks would bring out some new music. They have a right to their opinion whether we agree with it or not. I sure miss their music. I'm starting to hear a few of their songs on the radio again maybe a new CD will come out soon.

Looks like the Chicks are once again consorting with the Eagles.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=2342

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Dixie Chicks Videos

I have found a youtube video from last night concert in Toronto of the Dixie Chicks performing my fav song of theirs "Not Ready to Make Nice"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGkRk3R5P4[/ame]

Thanks for posting that, TF!

The Dixie Chicks also have an official YouTube channel, which I was checking out in order to get amped up for the Chicago show:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dixiechicksVEVO

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten