Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Timothy, Joe & Glenn in Hot Press Magazine

Border Desperado

Default Re: Timothy, Joe & Glenn in Hot Press Magazine

Now, don't quote me on this, cause my mind could be playing tricks with me, but I remember it (mention of being vegetarian) being somewhere near where he is talking about Timothy becoming the new band member.

Like I said, I'm not exactly sure if that is correct or not. I could be pulling that from somewhere else. I don't have my copy of the book right now. I would check it myself if I did, but I lent it to a friend and haven't seen it for a while...

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

The first I heard that he was a vegetarian was when I looked up a biography of Timothy and it stated in it that he could also be found under Vegetarians of America site. I didn't bother going there because like the rest of us it didn't really matter to me.

In Don's book, page 190 - first paragraph...

"Timothy, who's nickname became the wanderer, because he was always wandering off somewhere, was married with kids, a soft-spoken, extremely likeable vegetarian, heavily into yoga.."

Now, whether or not this is true - well, I leave that to your interpretation...

~Tonja~

Border Desperado

I'm glad someone found it, I thought I might be losing my mind! I just knew I had read it somewhere...

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Ha, I was just coming here to post that. Nice memory Mel. I just reread a bunch of that.

On a side note, both To the Limit and Heaven and Hell say that Glenn called Randy the ribbon on the package. So, did he just recycle that line of Timothy? Hmmm...

Back to topic at hand... I also thought I read Timothy was a vegan on some celeb vegan site. BTW, he said he wasn't vegetarian, he didn't say he wasn't vegan.

Yeah, Glenn did recycle that ribbon accolade from Randy to Tim, lol.

Thanks again for posting the interviews, tbsfan.

I think, if Tim were a vegan, he would have said so, LTL. I think a lot of people just make assumptions about Tim and it becomes part of the accepted "fanlore" when it's not really accurate. That kind of thing happens all the time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Ha, I was just coming here to post that. Nice memory Mel. I just reread a bunch of that.

On a side note, both To the Limit and Heaven and Hell say that Glenn called Randy the ribbon on the package. So, did he just recycle that line of Timothy? Hmmm...
    That's what it sounds like to me. I've always disliked that quote from the F1 DVD because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Back to topic at hand... I also thought I read Timothy was a vegan on some celeb vegan site. BTW, he said he wasn't vegetarian, he didn't say he wasn't vegan.
    You can't be a vegan without being a vegetarian.

http://www.vegan.org/about_veganism/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks again for posting the interviews, tbsfan.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think, if Tim were a vegan, he would have said so, LTL. I think a lot of people just make assumptions about Tim and it becomes part of the accepted "fanlore" when it's not really accurate. That kind of thing happens all the time.
    I agree, and think there are some casual fans out there who make inaccurate assumptions of all the guys in the band as well as the band itself.
    Last edited by tbsfan; 07-08-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks, anne, for locating that in Felder's book. I guess Tim knows best though. I think if he says he's not a vegetarian, then I'll take him at his word. Unless someone has previous evidence of where Tim himself says he is vegetarian or vegan, then we don't know if he once was or not. Obviously, there has been a lot of misunderstanding about this so it is no wonder that there is a lot of confusion here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Also don't forget that Don Felder went out of his way to portray the other band members in the most one dimensional and stereotypical manner possible. That description of Tim is practically his only mention in the book. I will stick with Tim's own words, thank you.

Border Desperado

I'm sticking with Tim's words too, FP. I think it's kinda funny that we all thought he was vegan. I'm not sure where exactly all of that came from, but Felder's book plays a part in that puzzle. I'm thinking he went through a lifestyle change, and it is possible that he was vegetarian/vegan at one point. I wonder how long that lasted, though.