Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy, Joe & Glenn in Hot Press Magazine

Border Desperado

Default Timothy, Joe & Glenn in Hot Press Magazine

Yes, Glenn. The interviews are in Hot Press, which is the publication from which that first story about Timothy's Irish citizenship came. My copy arrived today. They were all interviewed in Chicago and it seems like they were getting ready to fly out to the Kansas City show because the bad weather changed their travel plans causing them to scrap their planned interview with Henley.

The writer thinks Joe talks like Stewie from The Family Guy but I don't see it at all. Joe talked about spending time with Hunter S. Thompson. He likes being in a band better than being solo because with all the responsibilities and all the "you're absolutely right, Mr. Walsh"'s you get kind of stagnant. Being in a group is more creative. He said sobriety hasn't been that tough but the last 2.5 years before rehab were difficult.

The writer said Timothy was "shockingly youthful." Timothy said he celebrated his 25th wedding anniversary two days before the interview and said that Jean is a great songwriting inspiration and he's "not just talking about love songs, she's an interesting person. I get a lot from her." He praised Henley's songwriting prowess and said that Glenn's Rolling Stone comment about the Eagles minus Henley being Air Supply was a brave comment. After he saw Almost Famous he told Cameron Crowe the movie was "a mindblower that it was really great, but I can't ever watch it again! (laughing)" Also, he's not a vegetarian.

The writer described Glenn as "silver-haired" which I found odd. Glenn said their lives in the 70s were "appropriate at the time in a lot of ways but not something you want to continue, not a road you want to stay on as you get older." He said the band has a 14-18 months of a cycle left and ticked off the countries and regions of the US they haven't toured yet. He said when that's over they'll decide what to do next.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy, Joe & Glenn in Hot Press Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    The writer described Glenn as "silver-haired" which I found odd. Glenn said their lives in the 70s were "appropriate at the time in a lot of ways but not something you want to continue, not a road you want to stay on as you get older." He said the band has a 14-18 months of a cycle left and ticked off the countries and regions of the US they haven't toured yet. He said when that's over they'll decide what to do next.
    Sometimes I really wonder if some of this stuff is accurate. Excuse the cynicism but did this person actually sit down next to Glenn Frey or did he not. The mind boggles.

Anyway, thanks for filling us in on that.

Thanks for sharing this, tbsfan! Is there any way you can scan it in or something like that?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Wow, so he's not vegetarian? Interesting. I would love to see the actual article, too. If possible. Thanks for the good read, tbsf!

Border Desperado

I'm not able to scan it in (sorry about that) but it can be ordered from the magazine's website. I only ordered it last Thursday and was amazed when I found it in my mailbox today since I wasn't expecting it until sometime next week. Here's the link if you want to order it, http://www.hotpress.com/2841310.html

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    I'm not able to scan it in (sorry about that) but it can be ordered from the magazine's website. I only ordered it last Thursday and was amazed when I found it in my mailbox today since I wasn't expecting it until sometime next week. Here's the link if you want to order it, http://www.hotpress.com/2841310.html
    I gave in and ordered it. It is only 10 bucks...

I always say that, but I forget how it all adds up

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by melrose View Post
    I gave in and ordered it. It is only 10 bucks...

I always say that, but I forget how it all adds up
    That's what I was thinking last week.

If only they'd do press like that in the States...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glenn - silver-haired!!! Well, only his hairdresser knows for sure!

I had always heard Tim was a vegan, too. But, it must have been just heresay from other fans. I guess I can't remember actually ever reading anything to confirm it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Whoever wrote that must be colorblind, there's not a single strand of gray hair on Sugar's head.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

My guess is that they all color their hair. So perhaps up close some silver was showing through... but still, I wouldn't call him silver haired! I'm too lazy to order the magazine... so if anyone can scan the article, I would be so grateful! Or at least share the TBS part w/me. PLEASE!!!