Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun - you be the interviewer

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Just for fun - you be the interviewer

Let's say you had a chance to meet the band and could ask each member only five questions... what would they be? Keep in mind, this is YOUR time, so you can ask anything you want...personal, musical, anything.

I'm actually going to have to think about my own questions...

Default Re: Just for fun - you be the interviewer

Good topic, but also really difficult! I'll have to think about mine too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Any question right? How about "Hey Tim, will you come home with me?"

I guess I better think on this one! Great topic and another mind boggler!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I would ask Don if he needs a massage therapist

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

These are off the cuff, but they are what came to mind right now.

Glenn:

1) Your children are probably well aware of your former lifestyle. How do address the dangers of drug use w/your kids; especially when they can say, “but dad, you made it out okay”?

2) You have quite the reputation with your former band mates, beer dumping, towel throwing, an almost throw down w/a swinging guitar your way… do you feel you still have the feisty fire that can really tick people off… are you really one to be reckoned with?

3) Name three songs you wish you could delete from your song catalog, either solo or Eagles.

4) How do you feel about being a rock legend in your own time and do you ever see yourself retiring from the industry?

5) What really went down with Felder? (Of course, I doubt I’d get the real answer)

Don:

1) You previously had a rep for loving and leaving women, heck it made for good song writing. What is it about your wife that made you leave your old ways behind and settle down into a family man?

2) What’s the story with the fourth kid? Have you known all along, or was this something you learned when she was growing up… and why are you so evasive about her?

3) Do you still get a rush or thrill taking the stage and how do you feel about fans you recognize at more than one show – elated or scared (lol) ?

4) You are an excellent song writer. Tell me a little about your process. Do you start w/an idea and go back and beef it up or what? About how long does it take you to complete a song you are satisfied with?

5) Overall, I believe you know you have a rather charmed life… why do you often look so irritated?

Joe:

1) Discuss your relationship with Stevie Nicks both then and now.

2) You’ve led quite the rocker lifestyle and seem to know everyone. Who do you find to be the most interesting rocker that you personally know and why?

3) What’s it like to be a Beatle by marriage and are the two groups, Beatles/Eagles often compared in family discussions?

4) What are your favorite bands and the last person/band you saw in concert?

5) When you are not part of the touring machine, do you still pick up your guitar and play daily or write songs?

Timothy:

1) During your Poco days, you and Richie were so close that he named his first daughter after you. How did that make you feel and what is your relationship with Richie like today. Also, wasn’t there a period when you two lost contact and how did you reconnect?

2) When you joined the Eagles, did you feel you were going to have more say so in the band? In Poco you were pretty much a front man… and in the Eagles you have sort of been regulated to sideman. Is that what you expected and do you wish things were a little different?

3) How long have you been vegan and why? How can you live life without diary?

4) Discuss life for you on The Long Run tour. What’s up w/the 3E buttons you wore, weren’t you with your current wife at the time? (as a girlfriend)

5) I understand your children are a musically inclined as well. How have you handled the topic that not everyone will reach the level of success you have had and what do you do to back their endeavors?

Border Desperado

Hey Willie, wanna share? We can alternate weeks

Great questions, LTL! This is gonna take some time to think about...

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    These are off the cuff, but they are what came to mind right now.

<snip>

Timothy:

<snip>

3) How long have you been vegan and why? How can you live life without diary?

You can scratch that one, or at least part of it. He's not vegan or vegetarian, although he does eschew dairy. I just finished reading Hot Press's interviews with Timothy, Joe and Glenn (yes, Glenn - Henley's interview was scrapped because the guys' travel plans were moved up due to bad weather) and when asked if he had a healthy lifestyle, he said he thought he did but said he was not a vegetarian.
    Last edited by tbsfan; 07-08-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Could you please provide a link to the interview with Glenn?

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Could you please provide a link to the interview with Glenn?
    I couldn't find it on their website but you can order the magazine at http://www.hotpress.com/2841310.html. It's the current issue, with Jerry Fish & Amanda May on the cover.

Great questions LTL. This is tough. Let's see,,, I'm digging deep for these so some may seem off the wall. And not so sure I could come up with 5 for each. So I'll do my best to make it generally speaking for each member. As more questions pop up I'll post them.

What prompted the writing of the song On The Border?

Do you have any tattoos?

How do you feel about todays ticket prices?

right now that's all I can think of..