Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EOC Twitter

Default Re: EOC Twitter

I think Twitter is really more for people or organizations who have something to report that people want to keep up with. I'm following a Professional Golfer (Stewart Cink) who Twits several times a day with tidbits from inside the ropes sometimes and other times just logs where or what he had for dinner. Interesting, but not earthshaking.

It is just a short way to Blog I think. I kinda doubt that anyone would be interested in knowing each time I grab a cup of coffee. Haven't quite figured out how it really figures in as an active tool for the majority of peeps. But it is interesting if someone you are interested in takes an Active instead of a Passive role on it. Say, any of the Eagles maybe. Hmmm, I wonder if Jim Morison (RIP) Twits? He is one who might be able to pull it off!

BTW, If I see or hear from anyone here, I'll accept a Twit request. But I have to protect my virtue so I have made following me a request only type thing. I seldom ever post anything. Hmmm, come to tbink of it, I seldom post on FaceBook or MySpace either. Guess I just don't "get out" much.

MikeA

I hear ya, Miike. I use it far more for EOC, and for receiving news from other people, than I use it for announcing personal stuff. I use Facebook more for that. But Twitter does have its own appeal, especially for people who don't want to bother with applications.

Thanks for the congrats, Dreamer! I'm very pleasantly surprised at how it's going!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I enjoy reading the posts and have gone to some of the sites posted but don't have a clue YET how to post anything.

AEF, after you log on, you should see a box that says "What Are You Doing?" underneath the Twitter logo at the top of the page. That is where you type your post, similar to a post box here.

After you type your post or "tweet" as it's called, hit the "update" button under the box and wait for it to upload. Once it has uploaded, it will show up in small print directly underneath the now-empty box after the bolded word "Latest."

If you click on the "profile" link at the top right, you will see your latest update in large font at the top of the page.

If you want to return to the screen with the post box and your friend's updates, click "Home" on that same top right menu.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Soda, I have a REAL bad habit of trying to make things a lot harder than they need to be, thank you for making it sound so simple.

Soda,

I see that eaglesonlinec has been terminated! Good Job!!!!!!

MikeA