Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    This is my favourite. Look at that sweet face!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The white hair makes him look like a classical musician - Beethoven or the famous conductor Herbert von Karajan.

(Love Houses Of The Holy, Willie)!
    Hadn't thought of that FP, but you're right. Very distinguished.

Love Houses Of The Holy also and that is one of my favorite lyrics ever. In fact, it's on my bank checks. They are covered with music notes and above the signature line they read, "Let the music be your master".

Troub---That is a gorgeous picture!!!

Here's another awesome one. This one is my phone wallpaper at the moment.

He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WOW! Very hot! I love that one!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

EEK. I'm a Robert girl but that is wonderful.

WOW, love the last photo, hot!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Isn't it tho?!?!? He is just the epitome of Rock God!!! Seriously, look up "Rock God" in the dictionary---there's a picture of Jimmy Page!

He just makes me swoon whether I'm watching him play or just looking at a picture. His sensuality is right in your face, ALL THE TIME!!! Enough said!

Well, I got a big surprise last night!

My friend Kristin is a big Patty Griffin fan. She was playing Meridian, Mississippi last night, which is right on the way back to Kristin's house from Atlanta where we saw Lindsey Buckingham. She persuaded us to go to the Patty show with her, since we would be driving through the town anyway.

I was game, although I hadn't heard anything by Patty before. Now, Meridian is a small town, and Mississippi is not exactly the center of the music world. The theater we saw her in was teeny-tiny and very old.

Therefore, when I glimpsed a 60+ guy in a T-shirt and jeans with crazy, curly blond hair walking by talking to a couple other guys as my friends and I were in the parking lot by the stage door, I didn't think anything of it. I figured he must be one of Patty's backing musicians or something.

We went in and I was in the ladies' room when I heard a couple women talking. "Robert Plant is here! Maybe he'll perform with her!" My jaw dropped as I realized that guy that I saw didn't just look like Robert Plant, he WAS Robert Plant!!

I immediately told Kristin what I'd heard in the bathroom as soon as I got back to the lobby, and asked her if she'd heard anything about this. She said no, but that Patty had toured with Robert Plant a year ago, and they've been good friends ever since! In fact, I later discovered that it's rumored they're more than friends...

When we got into the auditorium, I heard people once again whispering and pointing. "He's in the back of the theater! He's over there!" However, he slipped away before I could get a good look at him.

He came out for the encore. Patty introduced him as her "dear friend Robert Plant." Everyone went wild. He said some really nice things about Patty - about how he had been in Tennessee for a music festival (turns out he was with Patty there too), and had come down to Mississippi just to see Patty's gig (apparently this is the last one she's doing solo for a while). He said that he thought she was wonderful and that she'd taught him a lot - "retrained" him in the way he looked at music, even though he'd been in the business for decades. He performed "Sea of Heartbreak" with Patty harmonizing! It sounded terrific!

I tried to take photos with my camera phone but they came out all blurry.

As soon as I left the venue I texted Willie, knowing how thrilled she'd be! My friends and I even waited outside the stage door for an hour. I was hoping to get a photo of him to share. Sadly, they must have gone out another exit, because they never came out that one!

I have to say, it was pretty darn cool regardless!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Good GRIEF, Soda. I would have died, there & then.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

As soon as I left the venue I texted Willie, knowing how thrilled she'd be!
    My friends and I even waited outside the stage door for an hour. I was hoping to get a photo of him to share. Sadly, they must have gone out another exit, because they never came out that one!

I have to say, it was pretty darn cool regardless!!!
    Thrilled doesn't even describe it!!!! I didn't even read the message right--I thought she was still in Atlanta at Lindsey's show even tho she clearly stated she was at the Patty Griffin show in Mississippi. All I saw was "I just saw Robert Plant" and lost it!

Lou and I were talking about not even being able to imagine just running into Robert Plant in a parking lot and what we would do. I would have dropped to the ground, bowing while kissing his feet and crying "I'm not worthy". Yup----that's about right!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! Very cool, Soda!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten