Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

Very nice!

And Fp, your sig is hilarious!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Rollingstone.com has some photos from the new book:

Nice!!!
    OMG!!!Gorgeous!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

A little from the board gave me this picture postcard. HOT!!!

and I also found this view...

Then I found this one that they had colored.

Inside the plane...

The plane picture is apparently a very famous one and you can find thousands of them on google images. Who knew?

Trying to get my mind off Timothy . Not really but I was trying to find something and one thing led to another and this is what I have ended up doing the past half hour. I really need a life.

How depressing is this picture? Wow--Robert! Yikes!

and...

In my mind they will always look like this...

and...
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 01-07-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Willie, some very smokin' pics there! Wow!

And I'm with you, they will always look like the earlier pics in my mind when I think of them.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I am gonna pick up The Good Times Bad Times book soon, I looked through it at BooksAMillion the other day. Some very HSG Pictures of Mr. Plant in there

This came up in discussion the other day with my kids. I know what I've read about the 2 songs and such but wanted to know if anyone else has ever heard anything.

Why basically the same name on 2 different songs on 2 different albums? I'm talking about Bron-Yr-Aur (instrumental from Physical Graffiti) and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp (from Zeppelin III). I've heard about the misspelling of the latter on the original album cover etc... and know that the titles originate from a cottage in Wales of the same name where Zeppelin had "chilled out" after a tour and writing. Anything else or a reason why the same name for 2 different songs?

FP or Mike I know you guys probably have some info on this?

Actually, I do not have any knowledge of this Willie. While I love listening to Zep, I have not "studied" them. Sorry.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    This came up in discussion the other day with my kids. I know what I've read about the 2 songs and such but wanted to know if anyone else has ever heard anything.

Why basically the same name on 2 different songs on 2 different albums? I'm talking about Bron-Yr-Aur (instrumental from Physical Graffiti) and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp (from Zeppelin III). I've heard about the misspelling of the latter on the original album cover etc... and know that the titles originate from a cottage in Wales of the same name where Zeppelin had "chilled out" after a tour and writing. Anything else or a reason why the same name for 2 different songs?

FP or Mike I know you guys probably have some info on this?
    The cottage was called Bron-Yr-Aur (Welsh for variously 'golden hill', 'breast of gold' or 'hill of gold' pronounced Bron-raaar) but all Mick Wall's book says is that the Zep III track is misspelled. Stephen Davis' Hammer Of The Gods states that Bron-Yr-Aur dates from the Zep III sessions. So it seems to me they used the second version of the track for Graffiti and corrected the title.

This is what Wiki says:

"

The song is named after Bron-Yr-Aur, a house in Gwynedd, Wales, where the members of Led Zeppelin retreated in 1970 to write much of Led Zeppelin III after having completed a grueling concert tour of the United States. Bron-Yr-Aur means "golden breast" or "breast of gold" in Welsh, as in a hillside of gold. Its pronunciation is [ˈbrɔn ər ˈaɪr]. The cottage had no electricity or running water, but the change of scenery provided inspiration for many of the songs on the album, including "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp".
    The song's title was misspelled on the album cover during initial printing; it should read "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp". This error can be contrasted to another Led Zeppelin track, "Bron-Yr-Aur," a two-minute instrumental featured on their later album Physical Graffiti, which was spelled correctly. When the song appeared on the 2003 DVD, it was spelled correctly both on the back cover of the set and the DVD's menu, although without the hyphens ("Bron Yr Aur Stomp"), and on the live album How the West Was Won it was spelled "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp""

But it's still 2 different songs with basically the same name? That cottage must of really been special to earn 2 songs named after it.

Hmmm-a cottage in Wales with no electric or running water BUT it does have the 70's Jimmy Page....I could live with that!

Looking something like this.

BTW--Might as well post this one also. Found it a few days ago. Doesn't he look so handsome and happy here?