Yes we've been getting a bit off topic and I'm sorry about that

In the interviews I've heard Page has been kind and polite and I do believe his mellowed with age. He was very pleasant in It Might Get Loud also. On the other hand in the books I've read that contain both researched material and memories from associates there's a lot of evidence of his ego. His studio working habits, his dealings with women, his life style with a castle for home and cars he didn't drive himself and a collection of rare expensive guitars and bizarre Aleisteir Crowley stuff, his drama queen style of moving and playing on stage, his dramatically coloured clothes with the symbols, him being upset about a Plant book that was going to be published in the seventies etc. speaks of large ego at least to me even if we don't believe all of those stories. Of course there is also a lot of good to be said about him, like his charity work and later years' commitment to his family plus historic events like his trip to China. His greatness simply has a downside and he's quite a complex personality in my opinion but I guess that goes with being an artist(especially a really famous one) as their art is always about themselves in one way or another. I accept this as a fact.

This is my interpretation and it definitely isn't the whole truth. I just wanted to point out that considering how rockers live their lives it's really odd to me to claim they don't have somewhat enlarged egos as fame and riches and fan worship affect anybody who gets a load of them.

I'll give this a rest and agree to disagree for now to avoid going more off topic.

While typing this I once again started thinking how great stories these band members have however I might otherwise frown on the actions in them. So I would be interested to share your experiences about Led Zeppelin related interviews, books and stuff. For example I happened to find a Jimmy Page biography that was new to me last time I went to the music library. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact name but I think it was something like Jimmy Page:the man, the magus, the musician. I read some of it while in the library and it was definitely interesting, a bit heavy on his Crowley interest but otherwise good even if most of the stuff isn't exactly new information. It just goes a tad deeper than probably most Led Zeppelin books. I think I'm going to get it and read it properly.