Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Joe Walsh solo album in the works with Jeff Lynne producing?

Default Re: New Joe Walsh solo album in the works with Jeff Lynne producing!

Gee, I've never seen a Joe solo show either, heh heh heh...well maybe a couple...dozen....
    I recently read or heard an interview where Joe said the new record was in the can, they just had to figure out how it was going to be released, since there's "no record companies anymore" and then he made the analog-guy-in-a-digital-world comment. Might have been the call-in show where Joe took questions, but I'm thinking it was more recent than that...have to sleep on it, see if I can find it.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

You know I was a bit surprised the time I saw Joe solo that he actually talked very little between songs. I don't know if that is the norm or not or whether it just that particular evening. However, his guitar work was absolutely incredible that night - not nearly as scripted as it is in Eagles shows. As Mike said, he just let it rip with a lot of extended solos. He did the best version of In the City that night that I've ever heard. He was awesome and exceeded all of my expectations (except for the talking).

As an aside, he actually seemed more at ease at the Party of Two show in Aspen (as did Glenn). I guess it's a little easier on both of them because they don't have the pressure of it being an Eagles show or the pressure of having everything on them as in a solo show. They both just were very relaxed as they were out there jamming and seemingly having a great time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    As an aside, he actually seemed more at ease at the Party of Two show in Aspen (as did Glenn). I guess it's a little easier on both of them because they don't have the pressure of it being an Eagles show or the pressure of having everything on them as in a solo show. They both just were very relaxed as they were out there jamming and seemingly having a great time.
    From all of the Party of Two videos that I saw, I would have to agree with you on that Dreamer.
    Ah, what I wouldn't give to go to a Joe solo show!!!!! I think that would be so great if he did a tour to promote his new album.
    Just curious, but are the guys' solo shows as pricey as regular Eagles shows?

Joe's shows aren't. Or weren't anyway. I think I paid $60 for the James Gang a few years ago and something like that when he played with Stone Temple Pilot backing him. The Gang was at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay and the Stone Temple show was at Hard Rock. You definitely get your bang for the buck with Joe.

MikeA

Joe's cheap and easy for sure, I paid $22 to see him 3 yrs ago at the IL state fair and he talked a lot, and $45 for the Gang in Cleveland 4 yrs ago and he diddn't say much at all, let the geetar say it. Guess it just depends. They weren't 3 hr shows, but they're pure fun and spontaneous Joe. Not the same show night after night.
    I think it's interesting that there is evidence of "stage nerves" after all these years, gigs and audiences. Shows there's still a lot of pride and concern about the product that's being put out, I'm guessing. Good to know they care that much.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

I saw Joe with the James Gang in Cleveland and he didn't talk much then either, although of course there was the hometown talk. He and the Gang just jammed in a way that was completely foreign to Eagles shows. I think one song lasted nigh on 20 minutes. It was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by jdubfan View Post
    Joe's cheap and easy for sure
    Good to know! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdubfan View Post
    Joe's cheap and easy for sure, I paid $22 to see him 3 yrs ago at the IL state fair
    Hey Cathy, isn't the same show you saw him at?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Yep, I was there and my nose was bleedin' from the high seats, but I'm glad I went. Next time though, I'm going to be close!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.