Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
Not really, In the beginning, in 1963, they toured without the girlfriends. I believe John pretended he was single. There may have been minimal pot use, but it ends in 1966. I believe the real drug use comes in a bit later, They were isolated & had to be hidden due to the fans raiding the hotels, trying to get to them & only did interviews, tv shows & concerts. They were rather sheltered & controlled. They were just mobbed everywhere they went. I don't think there were groupies or hookers along for the ride. Only people with them were managers, road crew & Epstein. They needed protection as you will see in the film. It was a lot of work,& they were also very young & seemed even naive. You can see how the world just fell in love with them...Not just the music, but the personalities in their interviews.
Erm, the drugs started with speed during the Hamburg days. There have been quite a few incidences of various Beatles (and ex-Beatles) admitting to their exploits with groupies, etc, during tours. The same from groupies - e.g. Jenny Kee. The film 'A Hard Days Night' showed a very sanitised version of their life. What happened in real life was different.