Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the Music You Love

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Share the Music You Love

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    TBF, how did I miss the fact that you don't like The Who?
    Because I keep a low profile and am afraid of the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    I think Pete Townshend has a great and unique voice, I really enjoy some of his solo stuff... Mainly off, All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes. I would say I am a fan of The Who's popular music, but don't know their deep tracks.
    Sorry, just don't get it! He flipping drives me crazy with the guitar smashing and nonsense! And as for Roger Daltry----YUCK!! He is his own biggest fan and I don't see where he's all that special. I don't know, but I just dislike them... a lot! Then came their halftime show at the Super Bowl last year... And I thought my thoughts were pretty well validated on that day.

Same for Pink Floyd, I must say I really love Wish You Were Here.
    Some of their best work by far. I'm kinda with FP here, The Wall was overrated. Can't get much better than Dark Side Of The Moon. I just get completely mesmerized by David Gilmour and that guitar!! He's amazing!

Not a fan of the Dead at all. While most guys I know love Rush, I can't say I'm a fan. Most of their music sounds the same to me, it's like one long song! I can appreciate Getty Lee's talent, but not my kind of music.
    Like I said, not a fan of the Dead but that one song is really fun.

As for Rush, they are a man's band from what I understand. I'm kind of a rarity I guess, when it comes to them. There's something about Geddy Lee's voice that I find appealing and Neil Peart is the most amazing drummer I've ever seen (sorry Don!). He ranks right up there with John Bonham. They're are a fun band and have such a great time on stage together. If you ever see them in an interview together, you'll understand what I mean. Very funny guys, tho Neil is very, very private, Geddy & Alex are hilarious!

Maleah- I will spend some time in the next couple of days watching the videos of Casey you posted. I'm excited to check them out. I guess I vaguely remember seeing bits and pieces of him when I tuned into Idol to see Steven this past season and recall being very impressed but had forgotten about him. I sure hope when an album comes out, it is more blues. I've gotten a bit scared since you mentioned he's been signed by a country label!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Pink Floyd and The Grateful Dead are in my list of favourite bands of all-time. They both crafted melodies and lyrics that blow me away every time I listen to them. I am quite surprised, FP, that you have never heard a Grateful Dead song. We have quite similar tastes, and I know you are a fan of lyrics, so I am fairly sure you would enjoy at least some Dead songs... Try these two. How can anyone listen to these and not be moved? I just find them incredible.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4SqDx1vi4c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f7RqEsydYY[/ame]

I like The Who. I love Roger Daltrey's voice and Pete Townshend is a great lyricist. Behind Blue Eyes is an example of that rawness and grit that The Who does brilliantly. Definitely one of my favourites of theirs. I'm pretty sure Roger Daltrey had a trout farm in this area for years... I'm not sure if he still does!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Troub, I don't know how to say this, but I found those songs too similar to Crosby, Stills & Nash.

You're not a fan of CSN?

Maybe that explains it. CSN is one of my all-time favourite bands.

Stuck on the Border

Um... I like CSN on a casual basis. I am much more a fan of Neil Young's solo work. I have the CSN & Deja Vu albums & while I think they are good, I cannot rank either of them as favourites. Neil on the other hand is one of my heroes.

I like CSN's song "Southern Cross".

I also enjoy the Beautiful South's best-of album Carry On Up The Charts. Particularly the contrast of the pretty melodies & vocals with the biting lyrics.

I was thinking at work today (how bored was I?!) that I've probably bought and/or listened to more new music in the last 10 months - since joining this board & hearing everybody else's comments - than I had in the past 10 years!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post

I was thinking at work today (how bored was I?!) that I've probably bought and/or listened to more new music in the last 10 months - since joining this board & hearing everybody else's comments - than I had in the past 10 years!
    I absolutely LOVE hearing things like that!!!! Music saves the soul!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I love to hear that, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I love hearing that too.

I never really got into the Grateful Dead except for Touch of Grey. This was played on the radio a lot and I always enjoyed hearing it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmT6udys8Tc[/ame]

As for CSN here's one of my favorites.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DVcaYupUak&feature=fvst[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes is one of my all-time favourite songs. Stephen Stills at his best.