Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Loss

Border Desperado

Default Re: Weight Loss

Wow, I had no idea he was so into the vegan lifestyle. Decades? I couldn't do it; I love a good steak!

My friend went vegetarian about a year ago, she didn't have to many problems with it. Vegan on the other hand, that takes a lot of commitment and control (not that vegetarianism doesn't). With both, you have to make sure you're getting all your essential nutrients and vitamins.

A year or two ago I decided not to consume dairy anymore. It was hardest thing I've ever done. I thought I was going to go crazy I eventually had to modify that a bit, because I just couldn't live without ice cream, cheese, and bread. Especially the ice cream

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks Soda for moving it and sorry to LTLH--I know you intended this to be a Glenn thread and yet the Tim fans kinda hijacked from there!

My kids (18 & 16) have been vegetarians for years now (Dillon the 18 yr old for at least 5 or 6 years and Katie about 4). We laughed at Dill when he told us he was going to do it because didn't give it a prayer. That boy could put away a cheeseburger in 3 minutes flat. But he stuck to it and about 6 months into it declared he was now vegan. He did that for about 2 years then decided he could live no longer without cheese! They both occasionally eat fish but that's about it. Dillon is a huge guy too (6'1'' and about 275) which he was back then also and all he did before he started was play video games and sat around. Now he's outside messing around and riding bikes etc. Healthier all around. Same with Kate- she slimmed way down and is so much healthier and active and seems so much happier also. Not for Mom & Dad tho!!! Give me that juicy cheeseburger and I'm all kinds a happy!!!

This is the video I was talking about earlier
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcxnAvu7MQ[/ame]

Maybe once you get a little older and have lived that lifestyle, it shows your age more. I don't know, but I still think he is just gorgeous!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Maybe once you get a little older and have lived that lifestyle, it shows your age more. I don't know, but I still think he is just gorgeous!!!
    You may have a point there. But, I agree, he is gorgeous!

I've been a vegetarian since I was nine or ten. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it, but I don't find it difficult - there are so many options for veggies nowadays. However, I'm not sure I could do the vegan thing, even though I'm not a big dairy-lover. It must be quite restrictive, especially when eating out.

As for the guys, I haven't noticed anything drastic regarding their weight. I guess it's natural for it to fluctuate a bit during touring - the change in activity and eating habits while performing every night and travelling must be quite different to just being at home.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I was just talking to my neighbor today about my son, who is vegan. He came home to visit last week-end, and he looked extremely thin. He did go to the doctor, who told him to start eating more! At least when he lived at home I could control (more or less!) what he ate, but now that he lives away, he is in charge. I do tend to worry about him, but I think that's something that all moms do.
    Like Troub was saying, our guys' weight probably fluctuates with them being on the road so much. I did notice, in some of the pics from the recent concerts, that Glenn looked a bit thinner than he did when I saw them in November. As for Timmy, he actually looked a bit heavier than when I saw them last.