Thread: Best of Timothy B. Schmit Song Survivor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Best of Timothy B. Schmit Song Survivor

Okay, it's a good thing I had the day off because I was able to really listen to these songs a couple of times and make a list.

First I want to say a couple of things in defense of In Roxy's Eyes. Soda used the word cascading for the melody and she is spot on. I love that part! I also love the key change near the end of the song. That is unexpected, too. I've been thinking about why the hard core Timothy fans don't seem to like it as much as we others. Could it be that most of you hardcores have his solo albums in their entirety, and this is one of the weaker songs on that particular album? All I have is the songs in this competition to compare it to. However, that doesn't make sense either because you have voted it to be one of 'the best of' Timothy's songs, so it must be a strong song on the album. I just don't get it!

My least favorite of these by a mile is Playin' It Cool, and I would love nothing more than to vote it off now. However, In Roxy's eyes could be in jeopardy,

so I will join the pack and vote for So Much In Love.

Note: I had to go to ITunes to find whose version of this song I remember as a kid - it was The Tymes!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 04-02-2009 at 05:51 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.