Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis 3-22-09

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Indianapolis 3-22-09

Thanks PM & Soda for the fantastic review! Feels like I was there. Love the pics Soda. Glad he held true to his word and sent them to you.

Again not to harp on this subject (I've only said this now about 5 times-but I just get madder and madder every time I think about having to worry at a ROCK CONCERT whether you are allowed to stand or not ). This statement from PM just says it all once again...

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    One of These Nights - I like this song and really appreciated Don's falsetto in Chicago. Unfortunately the Eagles policy broke down a bit here and I was left sitting behind the guy standing in front of me. He was the only person standing, but didn't remember to look around and check first!
    There is no freakin' way I can sit down during OOTN!!! Are you kidding me? The one lone guy standing was right-- I would of been right there with him and Glenn could stare me down all he wanted if he didn't like it! I will say it once again...

IT'S A FREAKIN' ROCK CONCERT!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I agree with you Willie. I kept looking behind me to see if the person behind me was standing or not. Unfortunately, during OOTN she was not. Nor was anyone else behind me.

I forgot to mention a few minor things. The four seats to my left stayed empty the whole time, except for one guy who sat in the seat next to the seat next to mine. I had plenty of room to move!

That same guy caught one of Glenn's guitar picks when the roadie threw them out after the show.

The blonde in the front row was wearing a white wrist band. It was small and I couldn't see what it said but it must have had something to do with the show. Does anybody have any ideas what it was?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Folks around me stood for One of These Nights, unless my brain just got overloaded and is remembering wrong! I guess PM's side was more sedate. And PM, I didn't realize those seats next to you remained empty. What a travesty, considering all the fans who religiously checked Ticketmaster and never found those (although the guys next to me said they got theirs two weeks before the show off of Ticketmaster for face value).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, did the guy who sent you those pix have any idea who he was sending his pix to? Did you tell him you were the master of all 'pix de la Eagles'?

lol! I told him I had an Eagles fansite, and I asked him if it would be OK if I shared the photos. However, I didn't give him the URL or anything. Since I gave him the site e-mail, though, I imagine he could figure it out pretty easily! He just seems like a nice guy wanting to share his photos with a fellow fan whom he hit it off with.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great reviews guys! I'm sad they have cut BBF though. It seems as if it could be just another song to cut to make the show shorter, but they added RMW. Go figure. Maybe Don decided he had too many songs to sing. Strange that they would cut one of the new ones that they actually did a video for though, that would promote the new album.

As for Glenn's closed eyes, do you think they were really closed? His eyes are very deep set and maybe with the bright lights he was squinting and actually able to see. It just didn't look like they were partially open. KWIM?

As for this stand/sit policy, I'm with Willie.....

It's a freakin' Rock Concert!

And most people there have a little common sense! Most of the people sat most of the time in Columbia and I tried to be sensitive to the people around me even though I was bummed about having to sit most of the time. I tried to rock out in my chair as Soda did.

Are the Eagles turning in to grumpy old men? Have they forgotten what it was like to be young and having fun? It's looking that way.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    As for Glenn's closed eyes, do you think they were really closed? His eyes are very deep set and maybe with the bright lights he was squinting and actually able to see. It just didn't look like they were partially open. KWIM?
    This makes sense - you'd think he want to see a little bit! It's possible he pulled a Mr. Magoo and was just squinting throughout the show. Maybe he needs to get those eyes checked.

He had his eyes closed at Fargo too Soda! In fact, I would say through at least 90% of the introductions he had his eyes closed. I would agree that maybe he was squinting or something had I not seen the Chicago show....he didn't do it NEARLY as much there. It was very noticeable in Fargo. I just assumed that maybe the bright spotlights were bothering him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This makes sense - you'd think he want to see a little bit! It's possible he pulled a Mr. Magoo and was just squinting throughout the show. Maybe he needs to get those eyes checked.
    LOL, I haven't thought about Mr. Magoo in ages...I remember watching that as a kid! I'm sure they were the originals, too! I just went on the link to Wikipedia and skimmed it...it actually says that Mr. Magoo was an alumnus of Rutgers University, which is actually one of the closest major universities to me, and where a niece and nephew of mine go. I'll have to alert them to this little known fact! (However, I may need to explain who Mr. Magoo is to that generation...) In the words of Pink, who knew??

Out on the Border

Wink Re: Indianapolis 3-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I agree with you Willie. I kept looking behind me to see if the person behind me was standing or not. Unfortunately, during OOTN she was not. Nor was anyone else behind me.

I forgot to mention a few minor things. The four seats to my left stayed empty the whole time, except for one guy who sat in the seat next to the seat next to mine. I had plenty of room to move!

That same guy caught one of Glenn's guitar picks when the roadie threw them out after the show.

The blonde in the front row was wearing a white wrist band. It was small and I couldn't see what it said but it must have had something to do with the show. Does anybody have any ideas what it was?

Hi-I'm new here. I think you may be referring to my husband who sat right behind me with the luxury of the 4 empty seats. He did get the Frey pick and was upset with me because apparently a pick or two hit me in the head!
    I had the best front row seat right in front of Don and Glenn but with no monitors or mike stands in the way. Not bad for buying the tickets 2 weeks before!!
    I was getting perturbed at the drunken woman. I felt as though she wasn't a huge fan- just trying to make a spectacle of herself.
    Since on row one , seats 21 and 15 were right next to eachother, I wonder if those empty seats behind me were some type of number flub?
    Anyway- I had a great time and swear they were getting some of their sweat on me!!