Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbia Review

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Columbia Review

Oh my, my. Woo hoo hoo! Last night was fabulous! I had a wonderful time, even if hubby didn’t get to go. I got to meet up with Peek and her friend Kristy during intermission and after the show. It was great to meet you girls and another member of The Border! My younger brother also came and we hung out a bit before the show. He lives there and the last time he saw them was when he was 17. The same show with me back in 1976. He thought they were awesome! I finally climbed in to bed at 1:35 this morning. Managed to get a bit lost getting out of town, but finally found a street I had heard of and found my route back home.

My niece was glad to take my hubbies ticket, and having never been to see them before, she loved them. She turns 20 next week, and I think we have a new convert! Our seats were 8th row, towards the center, smack between Joe and Glenn. We noticed empty seats in the 4th row and moved up there during the first set, but people came to claim them during OOTN and we had to go back. But that was ok. During Timothy’s little talk he asked if there were any college students there and there were quite a few. He said he was surprised, which got a big laugh.

The guys came out as usual and broke in to “How Long”. They all looked great in their suits, as usual. It was in the upper 70’s outside and a bit warm in the arena. I thought they might lose the coats a little early, but they didn’t take them off till after the acoustic set. I thought Glenn sounded a little hoarse. I was a little bummed because after the song got started everyone sat down. It was typical of the whole night. I never heard anything about any fliers or anyone telling people to sit down. It seemed everyone just wanted to sit back and listen. And I never heard or saw anyone mention anything about cameras. People were obviously taking pictures everywhere, all the time. Never noticed any death stares either! That’s a good thing! I hope mine turn out, but I am short and people in front of me were taller, so we’ll see. I’ll get them up ASAP!

Next I was expecting Busy Being Fabulous. It didn’t happen! Don headed backstage and Timothy came up to the mike and started talking about his new one IDWTHAM! I thought ‘oh no, they’ve cut BBF’. I was shocked. I wonder why? Anyway, Tim sounded and looked great!

Joe did GOTC and he looked and sounded great. I like his longer hair, although he did have it a bit slicked back with product. It got a little fluffier as the show went on.

Don’s first song was HC! He sounded a little hoarse, too. But he really looked fab!

The rest of the set went as usual, but my side of the floor seats remained calm and sat most of the time. They would stand and clap at the end of each song, but immediately sat back down. Grrrrrr. I wanted to dance!

Timothy got a huge ovation after LWKUA.

LROOE and WITW were absolutely beautiful. Somebody rocked!

Finally during Walk Away, Joe got a rousing ovation and people danced during most of it.

The band intros were great. We never got any of Tim singing the ‘tempted’ song or any of Glenn singing ‘My Girl’, but his dance during his intro was too funny! He really got in to it.

Don really got a huge ovation when he was introduced. So did Joe.

After that the guys removed their coats and I knew they were going to get with it! Joe came to the mike and told about Life’s Been Good which everyone thought hilarious. I took another sign and got it on the hat cam, if only very briefly. He really moves fast with it when panning the crowd.

The guys all seemed in a good mood and very animated.

Glenn did TIE and he sounded so good. My alltime favorite.

The crowd took over during the end of Desperado and Don just kind of waited for it to end and the lights went down. I knew it was over.

I took roses and rushed up as far as I could get (behind the 3rd row seats) to try to get them thrown up on stage. I had to pass them forward and never saw if they actually made it.

But, it was a great night. The Eagles are awesome! I’m a bit sad to think this will probably be my last time to see them. PEW has already begun to set in.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Columbia Review

WOW---they cut BBF! I wonder why and will be curious to hear if it was just last night and if they will be performing it Sunday in Indy (is anyone here doing Moline tonight or Detroit Saturday?).

So glad you got to meet up with Peek and can't wait to hear from her also. Can't wait to see your pics. Glad you had a good time and converted the niece!

Very glad to hear from you as well as Maleah that Tim seems to be back up to par but poor Don & Glenn---hope the 2 days off tomorrow & Friday get their voices rested up before the weekend!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Brooke! I knew you would love the show. I'm so glad that you and PB met up and looking forward to hearing from her as well. Hopefully, BBF was cut only for this one show because Don seems to be struggling with his voice at the moment - similar to when they cut IDWTHA when Tim was struggling a few weeks ago.

But girl - you are in SO much trouble if you already have PEW!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I am glad you had a great time Brooke

Thanks for the review Brooke! Sorry you missed out on BBF. I think (and hope) it's temporary, and also that the guys get well soon - especially before Sunday!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the review Brooke, nice to read !
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Here's a photo album from last night that was just posted.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/st...agles-play-mu/
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 07-08-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for that, TBF.

I don't think Peek will be back till tomorrow night. And she said that people over on Tim's side were standing and dancing a lot more than in my area.

And let me add, the guys all got great standing ovations. It was just that Don's and Joe's were noticeably bigger. And probably because they are more well known solo, as someone mentioned somewhere else.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, Brooke - glad you had a great time. Try to keep PEW at bay just a little while longer. Reminisce about all the good moments. It sounds like there were quite a few!

That's strange about BBF. I presume it was to do with Don's voice. I hope the guys get better soon. I feel like my head's going to explode today every time I sneeze, so I sympathise if they're feeling rough!

I'm happy to hear that there were no camera/seating telling offs

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I'm so glad you enjoyed the show, Brooke, and that you and Jess got to meet. Were there any other songs that Don's or Glenn's voice sounded rough during?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.